late 7/18/07 Sandy Creek report

Fished in front of the creek to the nose in 170 - 200 and then moved in closer (90 - 120) at the end of the day. We finished the day with 8 kings (14-23lbs.) 2 steelies, and one laker. The fish were taken 65 - 70 down out deep and 50-60 down in shallower. Cut bait and Spin Doctors, stinger NBk mags and Stingrays and Echip flashers with the Packer Attomik flies were the top producers. Had a ton of knock offs and dropped fish. We had 12+ drops. Mostly short rips on the wire and no one home. Killed 4 lampreys. One of them was stuck to the anus of one king. That was not pretty.

Brian that must have been you that came in right after me. Brown/tan boat? I was just walking back to the trailer when you went by. I almost put that packer fly on too (I have had good luck with it) :x It was hard for me to pull off that Siggs Green apple :D

Working on getting another wire rod together, one isn't cutting it for me. Probe :x or wire :? :?:

That was me Tom. How did you make out? Do your self a favor and pick up 3 more wire rids. I started running 4 wires this season and it is awesome. The only thing that sucks is pulling in 4 wires to clean the fleas off.

Brian funny you should say that as I just picked up some wire for another rod :shock:

Wish I knew it was you, I would have liked to have talked with ya. What channel do you monitor out there :?: I have been staying on 72.

Glad to hear that you did well gambler. we will be out there again tomorrow morning at 5 am if the wind is favorable.

Give us a shout on 72 if you see a 16' tan polarkraft with a honda on the back.

The lampreys have been bad this year. we have probably had a dozen on fish already.

Tom,

I keep it on 72 unless the fishing is slow and everyone is running their mouths on the radio.

Mikejonestkd,

Sorry, I will not be out tomorrow. I have to work. I will probally be out on Wed., Thurs., or Friday. If you guys are out on any of those days, give me a shout on the radio. My boat name is escape.

I know what you mean. Computer talk sometimes sounds worse than it is. I'm just busting your chops. A Lot of us guys have been fishing at sandy for well over 20 years. We know each other pretty well.

See ya on the lake. :)

I wish I would have known it was him. I would have stopped by and talked at the dock. If this salmon stuff is too hard for him, I could teach him how to catch lakers!!! :P :shock:

Bob thanks for worrying about me but I'll be fine. you hit those bumbs every now and again.

Brian the salmon stuff isn't that hard, but I would sell everything :shock: before I ever went for lakers :x

We'll catch up sometime. My bosses wife took the fish to your friend and said he was very very nice and that he has mounted a dozen lakers for you :shock: :P thanks again.