Flasher set up ?

When using a flasher which hole do you use for which type of bait?

When using a fly do I want the "quick action" hole or the "slower action"hole? What about when using an NK?

I've read that flies behind a flasher should have about a 22" lead, do you increase that when using a spoon behind the flasher or leave it about the same?

Any tips appreciated,

THANKS! :D

LTtroller

(Bob)

If your talking about a Spin Dr.I use the flasher right out of the package.I know some guys that will change the hole but the original hole works for the most part.22 to 24 inchs sounds about right for flys I'm not sure about spoon I only run fly's.

I always switch the Spin Dr. over to the "Quick action" hole. That's the first thing I do when it comes out of the package...that and I add a cross lock snap on the rear so I can easily take the fly off for storage. For flys, 18-30" is the range where most guys run them. I'd say that 22-24" is the most common length. I don't run spoons behind my flashers, but I'd guess that somewhere in that 18-30" range would work just fine.

Heh Billy why do you change holes is there that much difference in the two holes?what is the difference speed it rotates different pluseing what?I'm all ears and the Book is open :lol: .I think I remember Yankee saying something about the spin Dr last year that he changes holes but I really didn't think about it.Any info would be great thanks in advance.

I feel like I get a better "kick" out of my flys when I run it on the quicker action hole. It's been several years since I experimented with two spinnys side-by-side, but I definitely liked the action of the quicker action hole better. Next time you're out, put a out two spinnys side by side, one in each hole and see which one you like....you may very well like the slower action hole...to each his own I guess, right? :lol::lol:

Thanks Billy My thing is if it's not broken why fix it but I will have to try it out like you said.If it put a couple more fish in the boat I'm all for it.Thanks again and good luck on your up and coming charters.Looking forward to your reports from your site.Kick some Butt :lol:

I always run multiple flashers in my spread. I usually run at atleast 2 Spin Doctors. I let the fish tell me what setting they like. I start the day off running one on the less action setting and one on the more action setting. What ever one fires more, I will change. The days when both are firing, leave them alone.

Thanks guys for all the input :D

I've been running the flies off the "quick action" because thats the way they came, but wondered if that was the most common set up. I have had some success my first 2x out, but I am always looking to put more fish in the boat.

Gambler sounds like he has the right idea with rigging 1 fast & 1 slow and then letting the fish decide. Makes sense to me now that you mention it - LOL.

Hope you are all having good luck this weekend. The BIG O forecast doesn't sound to good for my 17 footer.

Thanks again!

LTtroller

(Bob)