Any reports on St. Lawrence??

Going up next weekend to A Bay & looking for any info on the fishing up there. Anyone know what's been biting or links to their local reports would be appreciated. Read the responses to Fat Tommy's St. Larry thread.

Any reports appreciated.

I've been wondering the same thing. TI Bait hasn't updated their site in awhile it seems. But, from what I can gather from past experiences, the smallmouths at carelton island should be doing really well right now and the pike should be going strong around wellesley island, eel bay, and carelton.

Just best guess.

Thanks guys. I'll definitely stop into the baitshop, purchase some tackle & bait and get the lowdown. In the past, I've always payed for a guide/charter. They know the water..... and where the rocks are. Just easier than towing all that way to find rocks with the prop.

Good luck and I'll post a report.

I was in clayton from 7/21 to 7/28 and the pike fishing was great caught many fish over 30" and a bunch of little ones. The best technique was running NK mag spoons I put 6 oz trolling wieghts on 30 lb power chord and then ran a 6 ft. leader. I used line counter reels and good swivels they tend to spin alot. The best colors where silver and black, gold and black and black and white I also had luck with fire tiger. This rig worked great in 18 to 45 feet of water I just kept bumbing the boat in and out until I found the fish if they where in tight I would use 3oz wieghts the nice thing about the sinkers where they would keep the floating weeds from slidding down to the spoons.

Good Luck

Gene

Trolled Carelton Island forever without a walleye bite. Did one nice northern in 40 FOW. Moved over to an underwater point off of Wolfe Island and caught one 21" walleye on a purple taildancer 150' back on a board 200ft out. Marked quite a few fish on the Mud Bay side of Dablon Pt with no takers. Talked to one fellow and he said bucktails tipped with a worm are producing in the late evening off of Carelton.

Well, we fished A-Bay area and caught some bass. Did not fish real hard or serious (my fishing partner and better half had other ideas ;) ). Had decent bass action in the morning and towards evening working the edges of shoals and islands. Stayed mostly in the area North of the Boldt Castle drifting Worms and large fatheads, no depthfinder on the small boat I borrowed- I'd say most hits were near the drop offs - 15 to 20 fow.

A big thanks goes out to all reporting on these non local waters. By sharing your reports, it makes this site an even greater resource.

Carleton Island was tough fishing last weekend (aug.3,4,&5). The smallmouth which have been available were not in my usual spots. We fished ironman for walleye with jigs for several hours in the evening without a hit. Perch can always be found and the bigger ones are where the bass should be, 25-35 feet down. I plan to troll this weekend if the drifting methods fail again

steve