Fishing Report Mexico Jun. 10-11, 2011

Your Name / Boat Name:Gotta Bite

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):Jun. 10-11, 2011

Time on Water:6-1, 6-1

Weather/Temp:Mixed overcast, sunny, overcast again....

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves: 1-2 to glass at times

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 6/3

Total Boated:6/2

Species Breakdown:All browns and possibly coho or steelhead

Hot Lure: NK28 Dirty White Boy and Dream Weaver Beefeater glow, NK silver spoon w/ green tape

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 1.9-2.3

Boat Depth: 40-80 FOW

Lure Depth: 20 to 40 down

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Arrived in town with my son Thursday not expecting much action since we did well the week before and figured the transition was about to take place and have the fish all scattered. That was not the case after about an hour of trolling we found pod after bait pod some taking up the entire screen shortly after trolling through them rods started firing and we picked up a fish just about everytime we trolled through one. It seemed to always be when we trolled west. Anyway we ended up getting 5 of our 6 trout limit in no time. It would take another hour or so and a switch from the Dispseys to Leadcore and we had our 6th trout within 10 minutes of switching over. We landed that fish on a wolverince silver sreak Green dolphin spoon with the high sun shining down on us. Otherwise all fish we caught most when it was dark and over cast. Ran the Michael Jackson stinger off the rigger and the NK Dirty white boy off the braid dipsey and like last week that seemed to be the ticket in the overcast conditions. The other rigger and dipsey has the SS Beefeater glow and Stinger froggy glow with the beefeater taking the fish.

Stormed early on Saturday morning and we found the fish scattered and very small bait pods that took us awhile to locate. A lot more boats were in there area and found that what had worked they day before was not really working until the NK28DWB fired off the Dipsey and my son had a nice 7lb brown boated. No sooner did we get the fish in the box when the Stinger double crush off the rigger go off to the races. The fish made several nice runs and mangeed to tangle my dipsey and rigger cable After many attempts and rod rodeo between the lines we were able to land this 10lb brown which was bigger than my biggest brown last weekend of 8.5lbs. Hopefully they will continue to go up in size with each week. ;) . We continued to fish with no action until we headed out into 80 FOW and we switched over to the Lead core since the sun got high and bite diminished for us. I decided to run a Smithwick rogue off the six color LC/ planer set up. We got a strike almost immediately my son fought it for a few minutes almost getting spooled one time by the fish's big runs. The line goes slack and we thought maybe we were broke off. We reeled it the line and lure to find one of the trebles broken off. I can only think it was a coho possibly since they we being caught by some other boats in that area that day, or maybe a steelhead. I'll never know. We fished about an hour longer after changing out lures with the changing conditions. No luck so we called it a day. Looking forward to getting back out on the water at the end of the month.

My son caught this Northern right off the dock while I was getting the boat ready Thursday night. It was a good start to our trip for the weekend.

IMG00796-20110609-1910.jpg

Once we found them we would stay on them. They were feeding heavily that morning

feedingfrenzy.jpg

One brown trout spit out this gizzard shad in the boat after we landed him in the boat. The NK28 spoon was the perfect size to match the hatch as we ended up landing him on it.

matchingthehacth.jpg

The results after Friday morning

61011limitofbrowns.jpg

The big boy of the weekend for us. I'm hoping for bigger before the season is out.

10lbbrown2011.jpg

Not as productive as Friday but still a nice catch

61111browns.jpg

I definitely let him know about it after I saw where we were. He was too busy texting his girlfriend as opposed to looking at where he was trolling. After I changed out the lures and realized where we were at I was preparing for shots across my bow, chase boats and helicopters to be sent out after us. :lol: I just will have to be driving whenever we are that close to the buoys so he won't get distracted and off course again. Thanks.