Date(s): 6/16/11

Time on Water: 6-12

Weather/Temp: NW wind 10+, sunny

Waves: 2+ subsiding to 1

Surface Temp: 61

Total Hits: 9

Total Boated: 5

Species Breakdown: 2 lakers, 1 skipper king, the rest browns

Hot Lure: Flounder pounder, green/silver small stingers, black NK with glow/purple ladder back

Trolling Speed: who knows- 1.8-3.5 depending on the wave...

Boat Depth: 40-70 FOW, then over 200 FOW

Lure Depth: 25-36 down, 45-110 dipseys

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Started the morning in close for browns, and actually had a nice steady pick of a nice class of browns from 40 to 70 FOW down 20-36. Initially it was all glows, then the stingers kicked by 8 AM. We did one really nice brown >10 lbs today. It was a slow pick, and we had the dropsies BAD (we were 1 for our first 5..... yikes)- the light hits seemed to be prevalent today though. By 10:00, the brown bite had died, so I pointed her north. Once we got to 200 FOW, we very quickly did 2 fatty lakers down 25, and by then it was go time. From what I gather, there was also a decent brown bite from 20 to 40, but that sure didnt work for me. Also, I did hear of one major down 80 over 150 FOW.

Again, what a nice quality class of lakers out deep about 20-30 down.

The friggin wind made finding the right speed a challenge. It did calm down as the day went on though.

Here are the 4 best ones.

phone_stuff_017.jpg

Good luck everyone

Abe

Gander Lander/Tim- wont be out again this week, have to work on saturday. BTW, there is still a good steelie bite out over 200, but I didnt even try the boards because I only had 4 rods to work with. Should be good fishing the rest of the week.

Bobsboy- there were very few fish marks down deep (but a crapload of bait!). I did see a few marks 80-110 down from 90-120, and I ran mags and a dodger through them with nothing to show. There were a few VERY deep down 150 or so in 170-200. If you are looking for salmon, they are still very sparse out of sodus. Magic did a major (I think) 80 down over 150, but that was the only salmon I heard of. Kinda frustrating considering I was killing salmon last June in Sodus.

Good thing there are 3 other varieties snapping good to occupy us until they show