3 ROD / PERSON...............PASSED IN BOTH HOUSES

ANY UPDATE?

Probably not since the legislature isn't even in session. Count on the bill getting automatically vetoed since 30 days will pass with no action from the governor. On second thought...No one seems to even know if the bill ever reached his desk?

Cant count on the gov to get anything done if it doesn't serve them in some way or another. I see in the ny post that the gay rights groups was one of the biggest contributers to cuomos campaign. If we want this done we need to raise 500,000 to donate.....

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I sent a e-mail to Senator Thomas W. Libous (his Bill) on 7-17-2011 just got a reply a few minutes ago :clap: .....

Thanks for the email, Ed.

The 3-rod rule bill isn’t on the Governor’s desk yet, but it’s scheduled to be delivered soon.

I’m hoping he signs it. Keep your fingers crossed.

Best wishes,

Tom

Soon means what? Today? This week? This month? This year?????? Imagine operating like that and still getting paid. Everything I do at work has a schedule, it may change but at least if someone asks I can give them a date ond not just say soon.

Spike

I should have been a politician.........................

I sent a e-mail to Senator Thomas W. Libous (his Bill) on 7-17-2011 just got a reply a few minutes ago :clap: .....
Thanks for the email, Ed.

The 3-rod rule bill isn’t on the Governor’s desk yet, but it’s scheduled to be delivered soon.

I’m hoping he signs it. Keep your fingers crossed.

Best wishes,

Tom

From what I read the legislature isn't coming back to session until 2012? Does the governor do the same? If that's the case nothing will be passed until next year.

The benefits of this bill go to the government agencies that receive extra tax dollars from the sale of rods, reels, line tackle and sales tax recipients. They are doing nothing for its passage.

Wanted to share an email with everyone in case they wanted to help out.

Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 2:20 PM

To: Senator Thomas W. Libous

Subject: New proposed fishing law.

Mr.. Libous,

I am an avid fisherman and was just wondering what was going on with the new proposed law change on 2 rods to 3 rods per fisherman and women. I have been following updates on a fishing website that I belong to and understand that the next step is for the actual proposal to make it to the governors desk? There are a lot of fisher men and women very anxiously waiting for some good news. Thank you in advance.

Tom Conine

My Response:

Thanks for the email, Tom.

My 3-rod rule bill isn’t on the Governor’s desk yet, but it’s scheduled to be delivered soon.

I hope he’ll sign it. Keep your fingers crossed.

If you’d like to let Governor Cuomo know how important this bill is to you and other anglers, please call his office at (518) 474-8390 or send him a message through his website by clicking here. http://www.governor.ny.gov/contact/Gove ... ctForm.php

Best wishes,

Tom

One more week for them to get this signed and make the best vacation ever for me. I had hoped this would have been signed long ago and I wouldn't even be thinking about it right now.

Still hoping to run three rods this yr. One week to go....................

Spike

One more week for them to get this signed and make the best vacation ever for me. I had hoped this would have been signed long ago and I wouldn't even be thinking about it right now.

Spike

Don't count on it! Lol. There has been so much misinformation about this bill going here, being there etc.... I mean come on already! Libous can't even tell us when the bill will be on the governor's desk! What kind of nonsense is that! I'll remember this when it's time for me to vote. He's from my district!

Spike

Don't count on it! Lol. There has been so much misinformation about this bill going here, being there etc.... I mean come on already! Libous can't even tell us when the bill will be on the governor's desk! What kind of nonsense is that! I'll remember this when it's time for me to vote. He's from my district!

I could dream couldn't I, lol. Looks like I'll be fishing a 4 rod spread.

Be out Tuesday thru Sat. and again the following week. Hope to let everyone know how I do in real time as I got myself one of those smart phones, lol. Not sure I'm smart enough to use it though.

Spike