3 ROD / PERSON...............PASSED IN BOTH HOUSES

In addition to signing 127 pieces of legislation on Aug. 5th. I also read that the governor vetoed 5 bills on Aug. 5th. Does anyone know if the 3 rod rule was one of those 5? I hope not!

MikeyP I checked the gov's online press releases yesterday. He signed/vetoed bills on the 4th, the day before delivery of the three rod bill. So "our" bill was not vetoed.

Jarrett

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Jarrett, thanks for clearing that up. I guess I read it on the 5th? Hopefully, we'll get some good news soon!

No...the 10 day period only applies when the legislature is in session....when it is out of session the rules are different....I will paste the rules below....basically if he does not sign the bill in 30 days it is automatically vetoed since the legislature is not in session currently...if legislature is in session then failure to sign in 10 days and it becomes law.

From the NYS regulations on how a bill becomes a law

"While the Legislature is in session, the Governor has 10 days (not counting Sundays) to sign or veto bills passed by both houses. Signed bills become law; vetoed bills do not. However, the Governor's failure to sign or veto a bill within the 10-day period means that it becomes law automatically. Vetoed bills are returned to the house that first passed them, together with a statement of the reason for their disapproval. A vetoed bill can become law if two-thirds of the members of each house vote to override the Governor's veto.

If a bill is sent to the Governor when the Legislature is out of session, the rules are a bit different. At such times, the Governor has 30 days in which to make a decision, and failure to act ("pocket veto") has the same effect as a veto."

I emailed and asked if he could sign it today since I'm heading out for round two on Ontario. I'm sure he'll sign it today to help me out. If not I'm going to ask every NY'er I know not to re-elect him, lol.

Keeping my fingers crossed he signs today and I will be fishing three rods on Tuesday, weather permitting.

Spike

I wrote him again today, I realize this may not be the most important thing on his agenda, But a lot of time has gone into getting this thing this far I hope not only for my own benefit but for the fellas that have spent personal time and effort on this bill that it gets passed.

Tom

NYS law states:

While the Legislature is in session, the Governor has 10 days (not counting Sundays) to sign or veto bills passed by both houses. Signed bills become law; vetoed bills do not. However, the Governor's failure to sign or veto a bill within the 10-day period means that it becomes law automatically. Vetoed bills are returned to the house that first passed them, together with a statement of the reason for their disapproval. A vetoed bill can become law if two-thirds of the members of each house vote to override the Governor's veto.

If a bill is sent to the Governor when the Legislature is out of session, the rules are a bit different. At such times, the Governor has 30 days in which to make a decision, and failure to act ("pocket veto") has the same effect as a veto

The bill was sent to the Gov on 8/5. If the Legistaure is in session and I believe it is this should become law on 8/16

NYS law states:

While the Legislature is in session, the Governor has 10 days (not counting Sundays) to sign or veto bills passed by both houses. Signed bills become law; vetoed bills do not. However, the Governor's failure to sign or veto a bill within the 10-day period means that it becomes law automatically. Vetoed bills are returned to the house that first passed them, together with a statement of the reason for their disapproval. A vetoed bill can become law if two-thirds of the members of each house vote to override the Governor's veto.

If a bill is sent to the Governor when the Legislature is out of session, the rules are a bit different. At such times, the Governor has 30 days in which to make a decision, and failure to act ("pocket veto") has the same effect as a veto

The bill was sent to the Gov on 8/5. If the Legistaure is in session and I believe it is this should become law on 8/16

Where did you get that info? From what I can see the legislature hasn't been in session since June 21.