3 ROD / PERSON...............PASSED IN BOTH HOUSES

I have e mailed my senator in hopes of getting an answer to whether or not the legislatue was in session or not. I also e mail the govenour to encourage the signing of the bill.

I did the same 2 days ago. I hope it helps! ;)

The Bill you are referring to is Senate Bill S2462B. It passed the

Senate unanimously and passed the Assembly with only one opponent

Assemblyman Katz. It did indeed make it to the Governor's desk on

August 5th but has not yet been signed. The Governor has 30 days to

sign the bill. I hope this information helps. Thank you for taking the

time to write to me. Your voice and opinion have great value and make

it possible for me to represent you accurately.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further concerns or

questions.

Sincerely,

Steve Hawley

Member of Assembly

139th A.D.

I just got this email from Assemblyman Steve Hawley

And the Governor went on vacation today. So for the next 14 daqys, there won't be any action on this. It has been on his desk for 10 days. That means a 6 day time period left to sign it.

It totally amazes me when a new Anti Gun law can get enacted in just two weeks, and we can't get an extra line for fishing or a budget passed on time.

And the Governor went on vacation today. So for the next 14 daqys, there won't be any action on this. It has been on his desk for 10 days. That means a 6 day time period left to sign it.

It totally amazes me when a new Anti Gun law can get enacted in just two weeks, and we can't get an extra line for fishing or a budget passed on time.

How long have you lived in NY? You shouldn't be surprised at all. Unless you're lining the pockets of this legislature the average man or woman doesn't stand a chance.

Does it surprise anyone that the bill will get enacted automatically immediately following closure of the Fall LOC? My $$$ is that this was entirely on purpose...for what reason, I don't know, but it seems too coincidental to be coincidence (in the words of Yogi).

Does it surprise anyone that the bill will get enacted automatically immediately following closure of the Fall LOC? My $$$ is that this was entirely on purpose...for what reason, I don't know, but it seems too coincidental to be coincidence (in the words of Yogi).

That would be nice,but it shows that you think that this Cuomo guy from NY City actually knows about what's going on north of the Tappan Zee bridge.

So Rolmops, what you are saying here about our dear gov is that he has the power to impact the entire freshwater fishery of NY state with the stroke of his pen without having a clue about it?

Those are your conclusions not mine. But I would not at all be amazed if you are right.

It is a bit far reaching to claim that this 3 rod rule impacts the entire fresh water fishery of New York State.

Ah, yes indeed I did misread it...failure to sign results in automatic passage of a bill if legislature is in session, and automatic veto if legislature is not in session. Only in NY :D

Can you blame me for guessing that there's some ulterior motive in letting this bill waste away? We are, after all, in the land of complete transparency and disclosure :rofl:

The head of the DEC does not want this passed, so the governor will let the bill get pocket vetoed. the NYS fish and game laws would have to be rewriten if it was passed and that would create more work for people who do not like to do work.

You're correct sir!. You can just about guarantee that this bill will not be signed by this governor or it would have been already. This is basically what I said a while back. If you did any research on this bill the DEC head was always against passing this bill. It's amazing how 1 person can influence against signing. This state will never cease to amaze me.

The Gov has been negotiating with CSEA - with layoffs hanging in the balance. That he hasn't gotten to this yet doesn't automatically mean he'll veto it or let it run it's course to a pocket veto. The fact that it passed both houses of the Leg with the numbers it did (unanimous in the senate, one against in the Assy), the numbers are already in place to easily override his veto once they go back into session, so he may just go ahead and sign it to avoid the negative stigma associated with having a veto overridden.

He has 30 days, so let's see what happens over the next couple weeks.

As for Mr. Martens, Commissioner of the DEC, If he truly is against the three line law, then he would have an opportunity to prove out the validity or lack thereof, of any objections to this bill he may have. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the changes to the billl this final time through were put in place to make him a little less opposed (it is now set to expire in 2013).

I've gone to the governors website and sent an email too - urging him to sign it into law. While we wait and see, sending letters is the thing to do if we really want this thing passed.

So let's see here. The head of the DEC that manages LO that gave by ALL accounts a banner year of fishing ,is against the new legislation.

After being proded by some never satisfied anglers, the politicals who have run this state into the ground, pass it hands down.

Yes, this state ,& it's residents, never ceases to amaze me.

The governor is a salt water fisherman. He rescinded the token salwater fishing license fee, against the advice of the DEC. The DEC runs the Environmental Conservation Committee & they had no problems passing it.

the DEC that manages LO that gave by ALL accounts a banner year of fishing…

From the DEC 2010 Lake Ontario Annual Report found at: http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/27068.html

In 2010, total fishing effort was estimated at 62,104 boat fishing trips. This was the lowest estimated… This was an 11.0% decrease compared to the 2005-2009 average…

Keep up the good work Has Been…Don’t ever let facts cloud your opinion. ;)

14...19...29...Do I hear a 49?

Tom B.

(LongLine)

LL , quite possibly the economics of the state ,and gas at $4 gal

might have a little to do with the 11 percent decrease in turnout. Cause from what I have experienced & read , the fishing is maybe as good as it has ever been .

Fishin's great & it for some it still ain't enough.

LL , you really do have a way of using the facts & stats to your advantage . I just don't think you are interpreting the data with an open mind.

A " Token" saltwater fee ? Not 29 bucks like mine? DEC needs money and the Gov cuts them short.But Saltwater is downstate who elected him . Politics as usual .

GOOD News fellers!

I subscribed to updates on this bill, and just received this in my email....

LRS ALERT [email protected] to LRSAlert

show details 9:43 AM (6 minutes ago)

S2462B - LIBOUS

Authorizes an individual to angle for fish with up to 3 lines in freshwater

08/17/11 SIGNED CHAP.455

I guess this means he signed it two days ago?

http://m.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S2462B-2011