of the laws of 1995, is amended to read as follows:

(2) one person may operate not more than two lines, with or without

rod, EXCEPT THAT ONE PERSON MAY OPERATE UP TO THREE LINES IN FRESHWATER;

S 2. This act shall take effect immediately and shall expire and be

deemed repealed December 31, 2013.

EXPLANATION--Matter in ITALICS (underscored) is new; matter in brackets

[ ] is old law to be omitted.

LBD07301-06-1

So this says to me that if you're going out on the water today, 3 is the magic number for rods/person

How do we make sure the DEC officers know this so I don't get ticketed this weekend?

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I figure you can simply tell them that the three lines in freshwater bill was signed into law this week

Give them the number of the bill S2462B-2011, and that it was signed into law as chapter 455-2011 on August 17th and is an "effective immediately" law.

If they still want to write you a ticket, it will be easy to get it dismissed.

I would guess, however, that since it was signed two days ago, that the DEC probably sent out an email notice to all of the ECO's letting them know before it became public knowledge.

My Cousin works for the DEC in Avon before I got ahold of him I personally called the DEC talked to a person in wildlife he did a little searching and put me thru to fisheries nobody answered in fisheries so I left a message. About 10min. later the person in wildlife called me back and said that he personally spoke to someone in fisheries and said that he knew that the bill was on the gov. desk but did not know if he had signed it. Anyway I got ahold of another member of the LOU site (33canuck) who is very good friends with my cousin. (my cousin very rarely answers his phone but he will answer a text) I was driving 33canuck was not so he texted him and my cousin responded saying that they had just got the word from Albany that the 3 rod bill had passed so Yes fellas 3 rods is legal!!!

Tom

I would like to be the first to thank Zeke (Lyteline) and Tom (LongLine) For the hard work and continuous updates during this whole thing. :yes::yes:

Tom

I second that.

So now that it has become legal to run 3 rods,we will see how much more fishing gear will be sold to fishermen who try to run solo with 3 rods and loose a lot of gear because of bird's nests and other small disasters because they have to do too many things all at once. Oh well, now I can at least legally make a mess while trying to do too many things at once.

I would like to be the first to thank Zeke (Lyteline) and Tom (LongLine) For the hard work and continuous updates during this whole thing. :yes::yes:

Tom

I second that.

So now that it has become legal to run 3 rods,we will see how much more fishing gear will be sold to fishermen who try to run solo with 3 rods and loose a lot of gear because of bird's nests and other small disasters because they have to do too many things all at once. Oh well, now I can at least legally make a mess while trying to do too many things at once.

Solo fishing three rods, no auto pilot, AND USING A SMARTPHONE to post up to the minute reports....all while combat fishing at the mouth of the tribs on a Saturday. should be a major fubar :devil:

I would like to thank everyone that was involved as well. I am a catch and release fisherman that sometimes only has one other person aboard. I would never run 12 lines if there were four on board but will like the option to run 6 if there's only two on board.

Thanks Guys. We will prob. only run the fith rod when fooling around when things are slow. Nice to be able to . :yes:

Same here. It's nice to have the option especially when fishing alone. Even if I had 2 others aboard I would only run 6 rods anyway. This won't affect charter captains much either because they are usually running as much as they can handle anyway since most have 4-5 clients on board. A big thanks to all those that kept us updated. :yes:

Hey I knew my last day of vaca would get the bill passed. That is the kind of luck I have.

Probably for the better in my case as the crew I had struggled to run four rods, lol.

Thanks to all that helped this along. Next yr my odds went up 25%.

Spike

Thanx to LyteLine & all the guys that love our sport; promote it; are willing to help others catch fish and have been trying to make the fishery economically successful for the state and all stakeholders to maintain.

For the last 3 1/2 years I’ve been saving every Washington State & Michigan quarter I’ve come across – The ones with the fish on them. (2 peanut butter jars full) They’re going to get spent tomorrow. I hope JV’s & a couple others are ready.

3 rods as a soloist is not hard to do if you keep your cool & watch your spacing. But if you do end up in a mess just remember this thread from 25 Nov 2008 and who started it:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8541&hilit=%2Athree%2A

;):lol:;):clap:

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Thanks to Longline and Lyteline.

Tom and Zeke,

When fishing 2 people on the boat or when we are searching deep water for fish, this law will really help make the fishing experience more enjoyable by allowing us to cover more water.

It will allow us to make the most out of our meager day and a half of fishing when we come up for the weekend.

Thanks for the time and work you guys put in to making this a reality. :yes:

And thanks to the guys who emailed, sent letters and called.

Glen