3 ROD / PERSON...............PASSED IN BOTH HOUSES

Gay marriage...and three rods...this doesn't sound like we have a good plan on the governors desk.

New rule for fishing: an angler may use up to three rods ....while trolling with two rods and looking for a third....this new ruling when angler finds the third rod will be categorized as the manage a trois trolling...uhhhhh....spread. DOH!...

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

My normal spread is two riggers and two dipsies. I just want a chance to play with a copper or a core with out taking one of the others out of the water.

Amen Brother!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

ALL THIS 3 ROD THING IS AN OPTON.....IF YOU WANT TO, DO IT...IF NOT,THAT'S GREAT TOO.OUR FAVORITE SET IS 3 RIGGERS AND 2 WIRE DIVERS.WE PROLLY WON'T EVER RUN 6 UNLESS STINGER LENDS US ONE OF HIS CREW. :lol: THE LAW ALSO SEEMS TO HAVE SOME CHANGES TOO AS FAR AS LONGEVITY,BUT I'M NOT SURE HOW TO INTERPRET THE BILL'S NOTES.WILL TALK TO SENATOR LIBOUS' AIDE ON MONDAY TO CLAIRIFY AND WILL POST THEN....ZEKE & CYN(STRIKE 3)

Zeke -

The original proposal was intended to help increase the number of fishermen on Big-O by increasing the number of return trips made to that fishery by trollers for T&S, specifically by the "little guys", out-of-staters, retirees etc

The original proposal was to eliminate the "Line" law and allow recreational/sportsfishermen anglers (not commercial) on Big-O to use 3 rods for T&S just like out in Michigan. i.e lines must be attached to rods. (note: commercial fishermen are the guys licensed to sell their catch ie charters are not commercial fishermen) The orig proposal was to try it & see if it helped the sportsfisherman fisherman and the economy. (Michigan tried it on the Lake-M then expanded it to all waters) It specifically had no affect on creel limits.

However,

- Some guys wanted to continue using just "line."

- Some guys wanted to use it on the Fingers & statewide

- Some guys were afraid it might lead to overfishing

The original proposal was, obviously in a way, too much of a complex change for a complete overhaul of existing law and for many to understand, so politically the bill was written to simply change the existing verbiage from "2 lines" to "3 lines".

As you said, some downstaters were worried that some saltwater piers might become too crowded so they ammended the bill to be for freshwater only.

The longevity part of it is that it is to be in effect for two years. i.e expire on Dec 31 2013. If you remember back in the 90's when snagging T&S became illegal, the number of licenses sold dropped dramatically and many tackle shops closed. This two year period will give the state some time to see if any overall numbers change or not.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

THE BILL IS ON THE GOVENORS'S DESK.IT CAN BE DONE AS SOON AS TODAY OR ANYTIME IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.ZEKE & CYN(STRIKE 3)

Alright, enough dinkin around already, what's the hold up? This is straightforward stuff. ...cuomo, I give you till Thursday to sign this thing! If it's not done by then...I'll just have to wait longer :(:D