Which of these options would you like to see implemented?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these options would you like to see implemented?

• Tournament boundaries set by county line. Niagara ProAm would have to be fished in Niagara Co., Orleans in Orleans Co, Sodus in Wayne Co. etc.
    • No tournament boundaries but no "run time" either. You can start fishing when you leave the pierheads and if you want to run 25 miles it comes out of your fishing time.
    • No changes---I like it exactly the way it is.

Oh my!!! Blah blah blah blah blah.. Paul asked a simple question and apparently he got stories and opinions instead of an answer ..Boys this is a simple tournament go catch 12 fish come back to dock by 2.. WTF is so hard about this?? Y is everyone whining like they are 6 yrs old.. If youdon't like the rules then don't fish plain and

simple. The single most important issue is to bring the no comm back to this event. Nothing else needs

to change!! Work on getting no comm back in place

is tough enough w o all the whining and complaining

and it's always easier to sit on the outside and

complain and vioce your oppinions then it is to get

involved .. Seriously involved.... to help make the

changes that would be needed to help this tourney

along..the rules are simple.. If you follow them your ok if you don't your getting dq or penalized for not reading them. Any body wonder y the captains meetings last for 2 hrs and not 1 hr?? Because nobody pays attention.. There's always issues and concerns about people who just don't read and understand the rules.. We can not keep ad libbing things into this tourney just because.. The rule have been the same for 20 yrs. When do we catch on to them? Like I said before if you and your crew don't like the rules as written then stay home and cry on your wifes shoulder cause im sure most of us are sick of reading it. If you and your team can except the rules for what they are as written then come on down and lets have some fun fishing and ball breaking.. You guys can whine all ya want I'm going

fishing.. Just how I feel

Chris

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

cigs,

Thats a good point. So if there was no comm there would not be an advantage or disadvantage. I like every body who is favor of no comm just want to see the tournament be fished on your ability for 7 - 8 hours each day. Ya just can not comm during the fishing hours period.

This goes out to all, all this talk about crying, name calling and sarcasm is not good for the tournament or the sport. If ya have an opinion then have your say without the bull. If ya think it is bull do not read the post. We all have a voice and it may fall on deaf ears but at least present it. I beleive that a no comm will help this event. The Wilson Invitaional would have drawn 100 + boats if they had the room to put them all in Wilson. A handfull of fishermen put some rules together, made a one division one day event, allowed culling, allowed fishing all over the lake, (except thte tribs) and no complaints, no crying no DQ's. The best part they are WELCOMING INPUT to make it better. The majority of the pro/am participants are asking to shut down communication and we are all cry babies and assholes.

Shade

As a relative newbe for the PRO/AMS I think the computer is a good place for POSITIVE Input for ideas and suggestions...

what better place to discuss ideas I went through all 4 pages and didnt see any of it as whining but good folks discussion concerns,ideas,and opinions.

A good leader or board will listen and try to help to keep all Ideas on the table when so many different opinions are discussed..

As far as lenghty Capt. meetings from the first meeting 4 or 5 years ago in sodus to the last one in orleanes the NUMBER 1 REASON for lenghty meetings is all the talking during the reading of the rules...I feel embarresed for the moderators when they have to stop and several times ask people to stop the private conversations so the rules can be gone over expessially for the newer teams..

Also I find it very rude when local Event Staff,Sponcers,and others who do much behind the scene work that makes these derbys SUCCESFULL FOR US ALL are introduced to us and the chatter in the room is so loud you cant even hear who they are...

So lets play on the computer and discuss ideas with a open mind and when it comes to the Capt.Meetings do as I do look around and see who is chitchatin causing the extended Capt. meetings....Before complaining why their so long....

Thanks Paul and Pete for having the gazingos to discuss new or old Ideas...........

And for the Guys who are sitting on the fence as to getting into the PRO/AMS THEIR ARE A LOT OF GREAT FOLKS WHO ENJOY AND PARTICAPATE IN THESE EVENTS....

PRO= professional lets conduct ourselfs that way when discussing the derbys....

Their is plenty of other post we can do the private "bashing " on...

Thank You

Ray K.

I fished a couple proams back in the early 90s at that time you could not communicate during the fishing.I don't know when or why that changed, over the last couple years I started to follow the proams on the websites and couldn't believe that you could call other boats for info.So here is another proposal to even things out EVERY fish caught ,weight ,species ,and LOCATION be broadcast over the radio. See how many boats you can bunch up in a 1/2 acre of lake. Just thought I'd lighten the mood a bit.

Hey thats a great idea!! also if it was cought on copper every boat would be required to run copper that would tighten up the teams a tad (specially when everyone started to reel in the mess) :lol: I get first dibs on the scrap copper pile! I just upgrader my rigger cables to 800lb test diamond coated cutting cable.