Fair Haven July 22, 2007

Today dad & I were joined by my sister and her husband for a day of family fun out of Fair Haven. After the blow on Friday, we found the temp break to be a bit deeper than it's been, down at 125 ft. It was a flasher/fly day for us, as the Dalmatian Spin Dr./ Siggs Rigs Blue Dolphin did most of the damage on both the rigger and the wires. We also took hits on a white spinny/white crinkle Siggs fly, and a green spinny/green hypnotist Siggs fly. We had a wicked current to deal with today, and we found it most productive to run just two riggers. Best down speeds for us were 2.4-2.7mph. We had a great day, and it sure was fun to see my brother-in-law hook up with his first-ever King...I think he's hooked!

ChrisBJuly2207008.jpg

Here's the few that we kept.

ChrisBJuly2207004.jpg

My brother in-law with the biggest fish of the day for us.

There was a ton of bait and lots of marks out over 140-180 FOW, and we took most of our hits down 120-135 on the riggers and with divers out 330-350 on a #2.

Good luck to those of you who get out this week...it should be a great week!!

Wow the" Dalmation " made the board. Same story down our way but we werent marking the bait or fish down that deep.White or glow spoons were the semi hot ticket. They are nice pictures of fresh fish. Ones we caught were semi black already. Best description I heard was a 20lb plus salmon that came in like a bullhead.Also we had lots of lampreys. I hope that water blows out this week.

I have had a hard time finding these in stores, so i buy the double crushed white on whites which are always there. With the help of a sharpie I just mark em up with black dots. This is always out with a blue hammer fly behind it on my boat.

Good question.......maybe Yankee Troller can confirm this, but I think it's on both sides...I honestly can't picture it in my head right now...but what else is new....my brain fails me more and more every day!