lowrance 522ci

I got a lowrance chartplotter 3 yrs ago. The thing is like brand new. Unit has never seen winter and only outside maybe 2 months a year. This yr I hooked it up and nothing works, it wont power up. Checked it all out and all power cables are good. Called lowrance and they told me my one yr warrenty was up so I was "out of luck" Thank you lowrance. They cant even fix it. Does anyone know of anybody that could take a look at it and possibly fix it? Thanks for the help..

Mongo-

I am surprised that Lowrance did not inform you of their latest dealer warranty service program. Roughly a month ago, Lowrance established 6 authorized dealers in North America with one in Rhode Island that will offer a trade in value for a unit such as the 522. Now, I am sure that there are time limits such as units purchased within the past 3 or 4 or 5 years but I think your 522 could fall into that program. In short, they will offer a trade in value towards an HDS unit.

I would contact Deb or Russ Wood at Wood Boat and Motor in Warwick Rhode Island. Just search the web for their info. Wood Boat & Motor was the very first dealer signed onto the program and they are the closest to Lake Ontario that I am aware of. Just have your units serial number and they call help you from there.

Good Luck

Chris Gatley

Navionics Regional Manager

Mongo,

I have a lms 520c and having trouble as well. Picked up on this thread and called Wood Boat and Tackle 401-739-4040 spoke with deb. After a lenghty conversation with her she got my information, called lowrance, and called me back. Will have to send the unit to her, she will send it to lowrance, they will test it, if found bad they will give reduced pricing on certain units. For my unit they are offering the HDS5 base map for $349.95, HDS5 Lake insight for $399.95, or a HDS7 base map for $499.95 plus $25.00 shipping.

Deb was very friendly and helpful and certainly beat the heck out of waiting on hold for long periods of time with the 800 number from lowrance. Also emailed lowrance with problems and they just got back to me with basically the same scenario, but only offered the HDS5 basemap. They (lowrance) also informed me that there would be a $49.95 testing fee if they found nothing wrong with my unit.

I know it stinks to have a 3 year old $600+++ dollar unit fail, but at least they (lowrance) are finally giving something for the out of warranty failures. I would give Deb a call if you haven't already she is very pleasant to deal with and very understanding of your issues.

Hope this helps.

Jeff