Your Name / Boat Name: Balls Deep

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): 6/19/11

Time on Water: 7:30 - 4:00

Weather/Temp: 60's and windy in morning 70's calm in afternoon

Wind Speed/Direction: NNE

Waves: 3's and occasional 4 in Morning and 1's and less in afternoon.

Surface Temp: 62

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 10 or 12

Total Boated: 4 keepers and 4 or 5 skippies

Species Breakdown: Kings, Browns, Laker, Steelhead

Hot Lure: Mag Green Dolphin, Bright Pink / Copper 3" spoon, 11" Lake O Big Weenie flasher/fly combo

Trolling Speed: 2.25-2.75

Down Speed: 2-2.5

Boat Depth: 35 - 130

Lure Depth: 35 - 100

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Started out of Hughes Marina and fished for Brownies on word of a very good Brownie bite the day before. about 30 minutes into it in 45 -50 feet of water 42 down landed this nice 10 lb Brown on Pink / Copper spoon.

brownie_10lb.jpg

Made a big loop and came back to same spot and took another big hit to same lure/rod. Grabbed rod and had a big hog on. Felt bigger than 10 lber from earlier. Fought it for about 5 seconds and it pops off :no::@

Trolled around for about an hour more and no luck. Trolled due North (deeper) looking for calmer water and and more fish. Trolled out to about 250 and turned around. After the turn hit a few skippy kings around 14 or so inches long. Got back in to about 140 feet of water and landed a 7 or 8 lb laker. Kept heading in shallower and started marking bait and fish around 120 feet of water. got in to about 80 feet of water and Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnggggggggg!! Starboard diver starts screaming! Fish runs off about 1500 (oops, I mean 150 feet) feet and we get it under control. In comes this pretty nice 11.5 lb King on a Big weenie 11" Lake O combo!

king_11lb.jpg

Made a circle around to try to hit that same mark we we caught that King and we get within 50 yards of the spot and Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnggggg! Center diver starts screaming drag!!!! Woooooooo Hooooooooo! This is why we fish Lake O! Fish runds off 200 or so feet, we get in under control and bring it in! 20 lb King off a mag sized Green Dolphin right down the shute diver back about 180 or 190.

king_20lb.jpg

All in all a very long day enduring some really nasty stuff in the morning. Waves were relentless 2's and 3's, with an occasional rogue 4 footer just to keep you on your toes. My little 22' boat handled them well but at times it was tough standing let alone fishing!

nice report. hopefully we have a boat in good shape for the weekend. i was down to 08w on thursday but couldnt work a major over. glad to see some starting to show up! be there friday afternoon getting set. havent ran an 11" board yet. all spinnies so far but def gonna adjust some now.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Mobile%20Device.png

I went out of port bay on sunday and it sure was rough in the morning. I have a 17 ft LOWE and headed out into the lake at 7 am. We turned right around back into the bay and fished for bass for a couple hours. Still a little rough at 10 am but gave it a go. You def didn't want to stand up unless you were holding on to something. LOL Ran some dipseys with spoons from 60 out to 120 fow and back around. But i think we were a day late and a dollar short.

Thanks Tom.

Ray, good catch! If it ran off 1500 feet I would have had to tie in another spool of line! That would have been pretty tough given the circumstances :rofl:

Dave,

Anytime you want to come up and fish with me give me a call. If the weather is good I am ready to go most Saturdays and Sundays....except this weekend of course.

.....Wayne

Hi Dave,

Excellent report. I have a 26 ft searay out of pultneyville. I ran into you last year late when the kings came in.Have fished the area since the 1978.

Caught some large browns this year but waiting for the sharks.

Always had good luck off forman park or the point west of port.

Ill be going out tomorrow to look for those kings. In years past they seem to stay in the same area as long as the bait is there.

If you ever want to go out on a larger boat if the weather is iffy let me know Im always looking for those with alot of enthusism for the sport.

Blue Dolphin 26 searay weekender

John

Hi Dave,

Excellent report. I have a 26 ft searay out of pultneyville.

Blue Dolphin 26 searay weekender

John

Hey John,

I think I may have seen your boat up in Pultneyville. Me and my guys just installed a small exhaust hood system at the Pultneyville Grill with the duct and fan running up the side of the building nearest the creek. I was checking out some of the boats while I was there. Some pretty sweet rigs there!

Good luck and let us know if the Sharks show up!

Wayne