leadcore line questions

Hey guys,how long of a leader do you run off of our leadcore to your lure? whats the best way to attach your lead core to your leader,nail-knot,albright-knot,swivel? can you use in-line boards with this set up? THANK YOU!!!

stevo, i put on a 50' leader attached to the leadcore with an albright. works fine for me. you can put them on boards but you have to let the entire line out and attach board to backing, not leadcore. i put a 15' section of mono in between power pro backing and leadcore for running on boards. best, mark

stevo, i put a 15' section of mono in between power pro backing and leadcore for running on boards. best, mark

Not sure why you'd put a piece of mono between your lead and the powerpro, if you have the right releases it's no problem even with a 7,8 or 10 color lead core ???

stevo, i put a 15' section of mono in between power pro backing and leadcore for running on boards. best, mark

Not sure why you'd put a piece of mono between your lead and the powerpro, if you have the right releases it's no problem even with a 7,8 or 10 color lead core ???

a lot of times it is easier to thread mono into the LC sheath to tie the willis knot than it is with power pro. The fact that boards hold better on the mono is just a bonus.

Try shortening your leader to the to the lure up to 15-20 feet. That seems to be the best length fore some reason.

Tim