power pro and fleas

sat outa sodus the fleas were getting a little worse we were running one dypsy as i only have one wire rod on board when the longlines were our only producer i stuck out my 65lb prw pro. dypsy with the wire we were getting up to 1ft fleas the pwr pro maybe 1" yes inch on the longer runs.. dont know if it was the dia. or the slight outa round of the pro made it flick like the flea flicker and thats 4 year old pro so it dont have that outa the package new finish anyone else running pro ????????????in the fleas

We run 30 LB PP for our spring dipsy rods and they load up pretty quickly once the fleas show up. We switch to wire usually in the middle of July and put the PP dipsy rods away for the season. I would guess that 50 or 65lb PP would be a bit better for fleas - however you can't get as deep as wire line as easily.

I ran 65 lb. PP yesterday and the fleas werent too bad at all. I had flea ficker on another and that was even better. Almost none on that. Couple days ago I had mono on a downrigger line and couldnt even reel it all the way in they were so thick.