Bert's Ratcheting Rod Holders

yeah, i have tracks, but i suppose if you were to pull the thumb screw out and use a machince screw and nut, you could do it..but i, not sure if i would use them for dipsys this way. The tracks take all the pressure.... they sell Short tracks? 6 inches?

OK, thanks. I'll get a couple short tracks. I want them for dipsys, so I want them as strong as possible. I thought maybe if they were bolted right through with backing plates, they might be stonger than in the tracks but I've never seen the tracks either.

Thanks to both of you Lakebound and Sean. That width should be fine, although I'm now considering putting on a couple bigger tracks. I've got a stainless rocket launcher being built which will go over the new top that will be put on in a week or two. Because of that I have to move my tite lok rod holders that I've always used for my dipsys, so I thought as long as I was taking them off, I'd replace them with a couple Berts holders. In the picture you can see that I have the tite lok adjustable holder next to the net holder right behind the canvas. Then I have an open area to enter the boat and behind that my three ram tube holders which I use for planer boards. I thought if I replaced the three ram tubes with a berts track and three berts holders, I could just do away with the tite lok up by the canvas and run my dipsy rods back ahead of the riggers. I've seen pics of some of your boats running your dipsy rods back there just ahead of your downrigger. Do you ever have problems with the dipsy rod or line hitting the rigger on a strike? My dipsy rods are 9 footers. Also, will three berts fit on a 17" track or are they a little to close together? Would I need a 24" track?

IMG_2055.jpg

Get your tracks plenty long.It will give you more versatility.If your dipsys are to close to your riggers you simply slide them forward and adjust it up a little.Your net holder will fit in the track.You can put adapters on your tite loks to fit the tracks.Your triples look like they may even fit in tracks.Thats the great thing about the tracks you can mix and match, take out add without putting more holes in your boat.With the tracks you can have rod holders where you enter and exit your boat loosen a couple of thumb screws, push them out of the way get in slide them back where they were.You can even put step pads in the tracks for getting in and out.Here is the best price I found for Bert's Ratcheting rod holders.They have what ever you need for tracks.http://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/cata ... id/150365/

I believe I have heard that the Berts Tracks and the Traxstech tracks are interchangable. Is that correct? Also would there be any problem with butting two tracks of the same brand together end to end. I'm thinking of adding a 6" track on each side right now and then later being able to add a 48" on each side?

Mickey Finn I also run the berts ratchetting rod holders for my dipseys on my aluminum boat.I Made 1/2 thick aluminum plates above and below the gunnell.the upper and lower plates provide plenty of support for the stress of a dipsey application. The upper plate is drilled and tapped1/4-20 the base has clearance holes . Good luck great rod holders!