Trolling Speeds

Could anyone tell me good average speeds for spoons/flies/plugs? I do use a sutroll unit and trolling the speeds they say on the lure packages isnt produceing. I switch differant colors and sizes and usually lucky to come in with one fish. Thanks to any help.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Is that speed (2-2 1/4) all lures or spoons/ I do run my spoons at that speed and been running flies and plugs 3-5. Also, flasher and dodgers I have gotten told different ways to run them, is running them solo off the weight effective, or someone feeding me bs? Sorry to so sound so dumb,I have been trolling for a couple years, but haveing the equipment is only half the requirement to be successful!! i definatly stopped running and buying every lure someone on here says is a killer!! My purple nurple has always been my luck :yes: .. Thanks again, and if any of you ever need assistance, I will scrub youre boat, clean youre gear, wax youre truck, lol, I dont care I will do it for a chance to tag along and learn something.

ok were is the speed speed speed guy when ya need him?????? ray ray ok ya got the speed thing down how about temps on ur 900 ? temp is just as important as speed, if there is a ton of cold water around on the south shore as there is now you'll be looking for some warmer water brakes and as the lake sets up you'll be looking for that colder water! i personaly like the 42-54 degree water and 2.5 too 3.0 when after salmon and steelies ! also if i'm marking fish on the finder and there not striking i oftain speed up or pull back on the throttle swinging my weights back or forth, works super on some days when they have lock jaw ! there are no real rule's just guide lines you kinda stay in so play with everyones numbers and see what works for you, as thing will change from day to day out there hope this helps ya out alittle.

Captian Jonathan Ross

I will for sure find out how it helps, hopeing to get back out by end of week if thunderstorms change there mind and go somewhere else :D I will let you know if Im getting better results. Again thank you very much. Any advise: wrong or right is still knowledge and useable in some way. I will take any given.

Sounds awesome but I have no clue where mexico bay is. I launch my 17 ft tird at sandy creek. How far are you?

Sandy Creek near Hamlin ??? got a marine radio , tune in ch. 72 there's alot of guys willing to share info or just lurk on the side sooner or later your hear the info you need.

i have been trying to change things up if one is not working I try something else when I first started I would toss my four fav spoons in and drag them around for a few hours maybe hook up maybe not. (why I am thinking of naming the boat spoon washer) :lol: I also run everything from flaher and flys to cow bells just keep on changing colors size speed depths it cant hurt also watch whaat your doing when you catch a fish remeber where and when it came. then you can get a good pattern down. good luck and hit me up I am out of sandy also :beer:8)

Thanks to all of you, I do have a radio on board and will set that channel in. I try to get out a couple times a week depending on weather and wifes mood, haha. Got caught out there on 6 footers, twice, dont wanna do that again, not till my Luhrs is done with rebuilding and on water :D . I wrote youre vessel names down and when Im out there I will try to hail you. Thanks a ton.

• 2 weeks later...