Oh Baby's Whitby Experience...The Good, the Bad and The Ugly

Hey Rod,

I'm interested -- do they (CN Customs) drive around with a portable credit card machine like a couple of modern concert gypsys(no offence to the gypsys)?

I fish the upper niagara several times a year and I was thinking of fishing the St. Lawrence in the fall, I was going to buy a CN license just-in-case -- but........ I think I will spend my money on a chartplotter that shows me the line and stay in the US waters.

My trip to Toronto with the wife -- CANCELLED

My 3-5 trips to Niagara Falls View for dinner --- CANCELLED

The family trip to NF CN water park -- CANCELLED

I think I will go to Mexico ...... Fish are bigger there anyway!!

Thanks for the reply, Fishtails. You know, on the bigger view, police agencies of all stripes and types around the world have and continue to do these kind of things toward folks for millenia. Not all; but enough to make you wonder why taxes are being used to pay for them. Often, it is just one rogue officer, or part of and sometimes even a whole staff. Sometimes politically motivated, but usually it has to do with some sort of social power trip. In years past, I have had only good experience with local police in the Toronto metro area. I guess every good deal has to have a sour side in order to be good! Again, great turnaround to be able to take back some much deserved satisfaction.....

About the fishing.... We are just fishing guys, as oppossed to guides or charter captains or "pros". We do fish the derbys. I was trying to figure out what you were saying about your test programs in the "ugly" section of your "Whitby" posting when you referred " 10 shots" with a 10% hookup ratio. I am always looking for new angles to make for more fruitful fishing outings, especially this year, when good sized kings are relatively hard to come by. Could you be so kind as to elaborate on what you mean by 10 "shots"?

Could you be so kind as to elaborate on what you mean by 10 "shots"?

Sure, by "shots", I simply mean quick hits where the pole throbs or bounces real quick and then the fish is gone. I didn't elaborate on the "bait" because it's a new product to us that we are just learning to use, and the short hits were more likely a bi-product of our unfamiliaraity with the bait. This is why I didn't mention the bait itself, I don't want to give a false report of bad hookups when It probably was user error ;) In hindsight, it was not the best of time to practice something new, and i guess we should have played it safe with our normal program, but then again.... no guts, no glory, right ?

Thanks for the clarification, Fishtails. We're in Wayne county, N.Y. and are entered, as usual, in the LOC derby. Last summer, fishing out of the Genessee River, no more than 3/4 of a mile out from the lighthouse at the Charlotte pier, I nailed a 27.5 lb king which put me in grand prize standing for a couple of days, on the first day of the derby. By week's end, I was off the board! We had lost about a half hour earlier, a twin of his near the back of the boat when he did a 180 and got away. The last 3 years we have done pretty good, boating some 25 to over 30 pounders, including a Double with over 30pounders!! This year, our best has been a 10lb fish near the Niagra Bar in May and a 17 pounder in June near Pultneyville... Plenty of skippy's. Thats why I was so glad to hear of your success on the other side of the lake. Say, is that flea market still in business in Quakertown? My niece and hubby live not to far from there. Great deals there even in seafood. Don't have to respond, but keep up the good fishing. Whatever you are doing (short of going across the lake) keep at it!!!