Fly suggestions for chinooks/kings

I've been using spoons for trolling, but I hear of a lot of people catching with flies.

What kind of flies are good - surely not the same as what we would use in the rivers right????

How deep do you troll with them???

Tight lines guys and gals, tight lines!!!!!

I use a lot of ito flies and have some atomik and siggs but the are usually about 4 inches and made of tinsle like material. You tie them to the swivel on the back of a flasher. I like greens and blues. Most company's have similar colors its all preference. You can buy them rigged or unrigged(with or without a leader and hooks)

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Fly's work great. I like to run them off spin doctors. Also i really like to run that set up off of a dipsy diver.It kills the kings and the kings kill them.There is nothing like a big king hiting that set up.When running this make sure the distance between the dipsey and the end of the fly is not much longer then your rod. If it is it can be a pain trying to land fish.Run your fly any where from 15-23 inhes off your spin doctor.You can also run this set up off a downrigger, you only need a 10-15ft lead off you ball.The deep you then these all depends on where the fish are!!Try the fly by the name of "NO-SEE-UM" it is a good one.One other tip is to try and match the color of the fly and spin doctor the best you can. In some cases that is what it takes to trigger those fish.Hope this helps, Good Luck!!

Matt

-Jakey Baby-

I think you need to get some background on where lure choice starts to come into the picture.As I pointed out in my reply to you spoon post/question, lure choice is not the most important factor to take into account in this kind of fishing. Read this awesome LOU post written by Tom from ATOMIK. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20724&hilit=attractor%2Ffly