Made it out for the first time this year. Bought a 16' Sylvan and finally got the chance to mount the riggers on it last week. Not the ideal boat for LO, but good enough for a day like that.

Fired the first rigger down in 130 FOW, down 66. 3 minutes into it while setting up the rest of the rigs, FISH ON! But - I lost him after a brief fight. Took me a second to get my bearings straight because I didn't expect it that quick. Set the same set-up back down and wham! Pulled the first 17.5lb King into the boat! 10 minutes into the innagural ride, and already 2 fish on.

Next few hours didn't prove to be so bountiful, but I didn't care and neither did my neighbor who had never gone for salmon and was hooked after reeeling in a 10 pounder.

Ended the day 2 for 5, but couldn't have had a more Sh$t eatin grin on my face for the rest of the day, plus the beers went down a lot smoother.

Few more adjustments to the set up and I'll be back out to rock and roll some more! Thanks for all the info and posts. Looking forward to contributing more from now on!

I've also learned that fighting them is no fun when you're by yourself, without autopilot and there's boats all around you. Smile

Hijinks that's what makes it fun when your by yourself :shock:

The bungee works I've seen it work on Ray's boat