Clipped fin denotes who stocked it??

I attached a pic of a steelhead I caught this past weekend. Unfortunately I don't have another picture of it, but it was missing a fin where my hand is holding it on the bottom. Does anyone know where you can find a chart or listing of where the fish was stocked or came from? I'd like to have it for future reference to see how far the fish may have traveled from it's original stocking location just for the fun of it.

12lbsteelhead.jpg

I have the 2011 DEC stocking and fin clip chart which lists stocking numbers and various fin clipping patterns for all trout and salmon stocked on both the NY and the Ontario side of the pond.

The only left ventricle stocked steelhead in the lake are spring yearling Skamania Strain Steelhead stocked in the Salmon River. Based on the estimated size in the picture, I'd guess that was an age 2 (2009 year class) or age 3 (2008 year class) probably heading to the river on it's first spawning run.

Tim

I'll scan it both as a PDF and as jpgs and post them up here tomorrow.

Tim

I wouldn't know a pdf or a jpgs from a abc or an xyz!!! :lol: I take it that we can ( or my kid can ) print it :clap::yes: Thanks Tim!!!!

Thanks for posting Tim. I got called out to an asbestos job last week, with only a laptop, and just got back to the office today where the scanner is and wasn't able to get that info scanned.