Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure: Stingers in a variety of colors

Trolling Speed: 2.9

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

We fished the Challenge with an all kids team, my 2 kids and my buddy's son. We looked for the big boys Friday, did not find a picture I liked, we ended up 17 for 20 something with a mixed bag of lakers, steelies, shakers and brownies. Saturday found us in the brown stomping zone, the kids picked the lures, and it was off to the races we went. They did a great job of fighting the fish and bringing them to net. We lost a couple at the net, but that was it. We ended up going 15 for 19 I think. Biggest was 11.4 lbs, we upgraded 3 times throughtout the day, which ended up putting the kids in 15th place. Temps were high in the water column, but with the west winds kicking, I knew it was not going to last.

We headed out Sunday for a couple hours before my buddy headed back to MA. Found the temps were down considerably. We did some searching, and headed toward port. Again letting the kids pick the lures, his son picks an orange killer, which is going out on the slidediver. About 20 minutes later, and the reel starts screaming, knowing this was set on the up side of temp scale, I told Brad it was either a teenage king, or a big brown. After 15 minutes, the fish staying deep, then coming to the surface, and then starts to act like a king, swimming with the boat, I see the body of a huge brown. I change nets and grab the salmon net, tell Brad to loosen the drag a little, knowing that this bad boy is going to go crazy at the back of the boat. After a few intense minutes of seeing the big boy just out of reach, I slide the net under this beast. About an hour after catching him, the weight was 19.8lbs on a certified scale, and it is in the care of Maggie at Fishwish now. Enjoy some of the pics.

IMG_0108.jpg

Jordan's 14 plus pound Laker

IMG_0113.jpg

Bryn's 11.4 lb brown

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

Look out guys, the kids are in the cup series, and they take no prisoners!!! They ended 4th last year, just 3 fish from taking the cup. Team SEADUCKTION.

====================

You guys had a steady pick all weekend. It's a damn shame that fish didn't hit the day before for your team the standing would probably been different. Awesome fish regardless. :yes: You guys seem to be stuck in the LT zone every time that we talked to you on Friday and Saturday. Congrats on you placement anyway. I'll see you up there this weekend or maybe you'll be seeing me from work. :lol: