I went out fishing almost daily in June until I got the Internship position in which I took the chance. Now, it is seem like it is might possible that this fish is my last catch of summer. This fish is definitely beast!

53 incher and 41 pounds. The biggest one so far for this year. (sorry about lousy quality from cellphone)

mail_google_com.jpg

This season is just pre-beginning. Unfortunately for me, it is first time in ten years that I had to miss Striper Bass Commercial fishing opener in July.

It will definitely take toll on me since I always looking forward to that bass smacked on end of wire line and getting arm strained from that. However, whole month of striper bass fishing from charter boat. I must say that I got feel that this year would be best year for striper bass fishing to come compare to couple of years ago. :yes:

But looking forward to fish some weekend if I have available to do it. :yes:

p.s. Ray K, are you drooling at this photo already? :lol::rofl: I told ya that I will beat ya! I lost count of striper bass that I caught recently. maybe like over 150 to whatever your number is already. :lol:

yea ,yea,yea, break a leg will ya! The Hudson run was as good as it was 12 years ago (EXCELLENT) if not better ...good to see It apears to be "across the board",

Oh I Just looked at your post again didnt realise you were holding a fish ,ya should of held it out at arms length so it appears to be a big one..oor is that a chunk of bunker.

ok ya got me.....and im happy for ya thank you for the pic....

Ray K - yeah, it is. :lol: Now, where is your fish at? umm.. I think whole hudson was emptied right now since there are bunch cows stripers coming in pods at right now. :yes:

Mortigan - you already know where this striper bass was caught at. I already told you on PM before. :yes:

Pike Hunter - Bluefin tuna and huge stripers just arrives in pods so they are here right now. IT have been on fire from last weekend to now. if you can find report up to that areas. let me know when you plan to come. Im totally free on weekend only. :yes:

Slimyfish - haha. yeahh.. :lol::rofl:

bloodshot - haha maybe because i always loved saltwater when i grew up. now, i coming into new york's fishing lifestyle. I have to say, (while didn't go smelt fishing often yet) it was fun to fish after them. My weakness to not pull the rod so hard that smelt can ran free from that hook! we should get together sometime when winter season begin again. :rofl: i bought 4 man shelter for this winter season! no more of hardcore and pain to fishing on hard snow storm for me. :lol: look forward to it.

LOL - Yeah, and I'm jealous. We didn't make it to the Cape so no fishing for me this trip. Had to settle for sushi in Porter Square and some new gear from the Kittery Trading Post instead. Good luck with the internship.

Zebedee - yeah, I don't want to give any signs where I am fishing so crowd can't find it. (that's why boat is blazing around) :rofl:8):$

mortigan - ohh, I got it. Good luck with fishing up there. look forward to see some report out of you. I always going salmon fishing everyweekend in the fall. (Rochester areas only along couple tribs that are far away)maybe we can get together or bump into each other sometimes along with some advices about fishing.

bloodshot - I wish I could tag along with you! But my internship is right at Boston, MA so i wont be around in NY for whole summer until i get back in college at september. Maybe we can get together sometimes during in the fall... sound good? :yes:

flashpoint - Yeah, thanks! I am sure you will break that 40lb barrier. :yes:

I am usually get up to 5 fish that are over 40 lbs each year. but this is my first one of year. still looking for that special 50lber striper. Mostly my fish was caught on drifting and casting. no trolling for stripers except after for blues. occasionally, get baby stripers on trolling. In any way, it is definitely great feeling to get stripers. :rofl::yes: