Canal smallies

hammer289

Spent the afternoon at the erie canal today near lockport had to break in the new camera and see how it works....ended up with 9 smallmouths all when the sun was behind the clouds and one rock bass. biggest was about 15 inches and three others were over the limit. I let em all go back for someone else to catch.

100_0029_2.jpg

The biggest of the day caught on a hometied marabou jig. :)

We were in Lockport this weekend visiting family and we crossed the canal several times the last few days and I kept thinking "now, if I had my little boat I would love to work that piece of water". Good for you for getting into those bronzebacks!

I live right on the canal in Lockport, but I don't usually fish there because I don't know where to go. Where abouts did you catch this?

Anywhere theres rocks on the sides just cast along parallel with the bank with little jigs or little jointed crankbaits and work em back towards you.....thats just what iv had the best luck with.

We were in Lockport this weekend visiting family and we crossed the canal several times the last few days and I kept thinking "now, if I had my little boat I would love to work that piece of water". Good for you for getting into those bronzebacks!
You could put some serious hurt on them with a boat :D but just bring the pole with ya next time :yes: