downrigger questions

I was wondering if the ball color makes a difference? I have seen orange balls, chartruese, and black with sparkle tape. I never hear this mentioned. Does anyone know if the ball color makes a difference? Im not sure anyone would change ball colors on a certain day. I'm thinking the stealth approach is best (black) but what do I know? Ive got an old ball to paint and I was thinking plain black with no sparkle tape or nothing. Anyone?

Also does anyone have a clue as to where I could buy a spring belt for an old invader electric rigger for the line counter to wheel? I think invader went down the tubes and parts are non existent. Basically it is like a small fan belt but its a small spring instead of a rubber belt. I havent a clue where I could find this or where to look.

BP I have found that the black balls are good to use for targeting the browns.... But a nice Hammered Chrome Shark on a sunny day is the way to go for the Kings..... I would try Ebay for that belt.. Woody

My balls were black, and they seemed to work ok like that, but then the outer skin came off and they became exposed and they still work ok but the one on the port side that is lower than the other is a little colder to handle coming from the deeper columns of water. That's all I have noticed.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png