Cayuga 7/1....Big thanks to Splitshot

Went out of long point about 6 and headed for Sheldrake. Hit one small laker then headed north....hit alot of water south and north of long point and finally headed back to the dock to pick up my wife and daughter. Her first trip on the boat named after her....12 year olds and thier social schedule dont make for alot of open weekends...... Headed back to Sheldrake and after an hour of nothing.....got on the radio and Spiltshot was generous enough to take the time to chat and head me in the right direction. Hit two small LLs and a laker on our way so my daughter had a feel for what fishing with the rigger rods and wire was going to be like. She is used to ice fishing and perch and pickerel on an ultra light. Just like Splitshot said we hit the spot and the rigger fired and started peeling line.....30 min later Hannah Marie landed a 9lb 4oz landlock. I think her and mom took a hundred pics....she is so excited and hooked forever. THANKS TO SPLITSHOT for making her first trip one to remember....and to WES and Ben on the Quality Time for spending alot of time getting me started.

2011_07_0113_01_32923.jpg

Ok so I'm an idiot....i've only stream fished and never caught a rainbow that big....I thought it was a LL either way I appreciate the help and she is still talking about it.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

That bow would have been nice next weekend for the derby. Don't feel bad about the fish I.D. I have seen old timers fighting over that's a landlock no thats a brown. If It's over 18" Its good to go. DEC has some Fish I.D. on thier website that I have found helpfull. It tells feature like tail fork, jaw length types of spots number of rays in fins ect. When they are all silver in the lake they can be tough to tell apart. Congrats on another Cayuga lake trophy. Hope to see you at the derby. Quality time will be sporting a new Blue canvas. Stoutner might have a hard time telling us apart from the other trophys without the duct taped top :lol: Wes

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Hannah Marie, nice fish but AWESOME boat!!! I hear the former owners miss the hell outta her..... :lol: Congrats to Miss Hannah on her catch!

I did hear that the former owner misses her a ton.....rest easy knowing she has already given us more fun than I could have imagined. Caught two more nice lakers saturday...one 9 lber and another around 7.....and we lost three that were big enough we couldnt get any line back.....all three just stayed back there and fought till...poof...nothing.

Hal, the offer still stands that if you & the guys or family ever want to head up to Alex Bay for some intense pike fishing or fall muskie fishing, we'll give you the names of the islands where we used to land them ....nothing quite like A-Bay bud....she's fished those waters since the day we brought her home from the showroom. Can even set you up w/ a place to stay. We are friends w/ the owners of two of the hotels up there. Catch ya later.. 8)