Ruff Rider 4th of July out of Sodus

Gonna try to keep up with live reports but with the new autopilot the wife sleeps more than fishes lol. Hit a small king over 180fow 80' rigger on a firetiger and a 12lb king on 500' copper over 280fow. Temps are way down... 58' down 85 over 300 fow. 53' down 85 over 450 fow.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Strange... I turned around to head back and with the same downspeed my probe reads 45' down 85 over 450fow... Must be less blowback this direction.

Just had my dacron backer on the 500' copper snap, no fish on or anything... Luckily the rubber band held the line to the planer release and I saved it all... Time to buy new backing!

Stopped in at the local tackle shop.... Warrens. The people there are great and they have a huge selection.

2011-07-02_19-27-02_749.jpg

That pic probably only shows 1/4 of the store. They also are a loc weigh station.

2011-07-02_18-59-42_7.jpg

The shop is family run (Dawn and Casey above).

They bent over backwards tonight to help me get my copper fixed up, even stayed open late.

I also bought a new dipsey rod tonight

2011-07-02_20-37-41_934.jpg

Small steely 120' dip with orange spoon.

Lost a nice one 90' rigger kevorkian.

Lost small guy 320' dipsy wonderbread white fly. All within 5 mins.... Mayhem!

Ruff Rider's life lesson... taking a leak and a rod pops next to you... Which rod do you grab? The one with the fish of course! Then fight it the best you can with your shorts around your ankles, while your wife laughs her ass off at ya.

90' rigger kevorkian, bent swivel open and gone.

2011-07-02_19-19-32_311.jpg

Arneys Marina, our home away from home. A great little marina run by some great folks. There are two gas stations, one up the side creek and one out on the bay. They also have a two lane launch that I find much easier than the public launch.

2011-07-03_15-35-03_2.jpg

2011-07-03_15-35-56_626.jpg

Most importantly, they approve of fisherman. Myself and the other fisherman chipped in last year and put together a real nice cleaning station. If you're ever in town feel free to use it, but please clean thoroughly after and absolutely no gut dumping in the marina bay area or dumpsters.

2011-07-03_15-36-25_521.jpg

The marina plans to block off our fishing area and add a couple more picnic tables and a walkway sometime soon.

We were hoping to watch the fireworks from the bay tonight, but there are a crazy amount of people out there for the weekend (normally sodus is a pretty quiet bay, a ghostown so far this year).