Seasonal camping upstate NY

I used to live just below Binghamton and loved NY fishing. Moved to S.E. PA 4 years ago and really miss the Finger Lakes, Ontario, Oneida etc. I'm retired now and am considering finding a seasonal campsite anywhere from the Finger Lakes north toward the border above Watertown. I just have a 16 foot walkthru windshield boat with a 60HP motor, so a spot on Ontario would have to be near some protected water for blow days. I'd probably be happy with a site within 5 miles of a launch, as I would trailer my boat rather than slip it. What would I expect to pay for a seasonal fee at a decent campground around Ontario, the Finger Lakes, or others up north? I have a slide in truck camper now, but would probably be looking for trailer that's comfortable for two. I have been traveling to Canada twice a year as I have generous offer on a cottage there, but I'm thinking I'd like to stay the summer. Any recommendations for campgrounds would be appreciated. Thanks, Ron

I stay at SunSetOnSeneca campgrounds opens April 15th , closes October 15th. Seasonal trailer on a lot I own trailer they own lot. Lodi State marine park launch is less than a mile from camp. Rent is less than $2,000/season includes trash , electric, one sewer pump out (1,000 gal) is rated on size of trailer,porch , encolsed ect.... There are lots open for your rig now so you could try it out and if you liked it look at what's for sale...........

http://local.yahoo.com/info-11796192-su ... sites-lodi

I stay at SunSetOnSeneca campgrounds opens April 15th , closes October 15th. Seasonal trailer on a lot I own trailer they own lot. Lodi State marine park launch is less than a mile from camp. Rent is less than $2,000/season includes trash , electric, one sewer pump out (1,000 gal) is rated on size of trailer,porch , encolsed ect.... There are lots open for your rig now so you could try it out and if you liked it look at what's for sale...........

http://local.yahoo.com/info-11796192-su ... sites-lodi

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't look like they have a website? Are the sites big enough to keep a 16 foot boat on? Or is there a secure storage area?

Inside the park about 80 yards from the road they have a boat parking area......we have the NAFC Finger Lakes Meet out of the park. The guys that bring there boats all park along or on the camp sites they rent. So most have room on site , some of the seasonal site don't...........I'll look for a few pictures for you if your interested......and post them up.

Oh your 16'er is a tad small for Seneca on some days it can gets nasty. ...... but your'll only be a bit over 20 minutes from Deans Cove on Cayuga and what ever it is to the north end from there.........

I'd appreciate some pictures if it isn't much trouble. I realize my boat will be on the small size, but hopefully I'd be spending a lot of time time there, not just weekends or holidays. So not being able to get on the water for a few days isn't a problem. I'll have to plan a trip up there, I see they have daily sites too. thanks, Ron

Ron...take a look@Spruce Row Campsite.several very nice camps for sale too.4 mi to Taughannock,7 mile from tremann@ the south end & bout 18 from Dean's.Mice to see you coming back...Zeke&cyn(strike3)

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Ron, if you are interested in Ontario, and why wouldn't you be :lol: A sweet spot is Association Island in Henderson Harbor NY. I am going there for a week starting July18th, so check my reports for pics, etc.

It's the perfect spot on Lake O for a smaller boat. I am only taking my small boat on this trip, which like yours is 16 with walkthrough and a 60 4stroke. You can always fish henderson harbor, as it's a protected bay. On calmer days you can fish the big lake where you can enjoy world class fishing for trout, salmon, wallaye, bass, etc.

Here is the website:

http://www.associationislandresort.com/index.htm

theres no place like home eh......figured ya would get a little bored down there chasin flounder and ocasional stripers..Montour marina is on seneca canal ...kinda a party community (on weekends)and a 20 min5mph ride to the lake down the channel over all not too bad some great things to do within 1/2 hr (come visit me),,,many small lakes within 1/2 hr towing and 70 miles south of sodus

You can try here. A nice place we've been settled in there since 1993. I believe there are a few open sites. You can leave you camper there year round. About $1500 for the season. About 4-5 miles from Oswego docks. A nice large harbor for those nasty days you can't get out on the lake.

K & G Lodge Twin Pines Cabins

Address of K & G Lodge Twin Pines Cabins

1881 County, Route 1,

Oswego, NY

USA, 13126

.Phone of K & G Lodge Twin Pines Cabins

315/343-2475.

Toll-free phone of K & G Lodge Twin Pines Cabins

800/346-6533.

http://www.kglodge.com/

you may be interested in this. i bought this lot to compliment another lot down the road which i sold. the buyer was not interested in the waterfront and as a result im stuck with it. Im motivated to sell it and price is negotiable. I am also open to the idea of a lease to suit a situation such as you are looking for. the site is aproximately 10 miles north of watertown. it would take some work to be campsite ready but im open to any ideas if you are interested.

good luck

chris

http://watertown.craigslist.org/reo/2429191137.html

We have been at Black River Bay Campground in Dexter NY now for 4 years as a seasonal site.

They have everything you could ask for, even a small boat. You can fish the river for walleye (spring and summer ) and salmon in the fall and bass and catfish also.

You are only a mile run in the river to the bay and open water. seasonal prices are very good. look them up.