hit the lake about 6:00 to find it a bit rougher than I was expecting. Dad and I motored out to about 80 fow and started setting lines on a NW troll. Old School NK28 Black and Purple took a decent king on the 65' rigger before all the rods were set and then didn't move another rod for an hour and a half, come to find we were dragging a tiny skippie on the probe rigger that didn't even bounce the rod even with the long thethered scotty release. it looked like lots of boats were hooking up in that inside water (<150) but we weren't doing much, so I decided to troll north. We found a nice bunch of fish between 250 and 300 fow and ended up 12-17 with one more decent king in the box and releasing a bunch of 7-10 lb teenagers and one nice steelie.

riggers were hot at 75 and 85 feet, 85' rigger with a glow wonderbread protroll and atommik hammer fly and the 75 foot probe rigger with an Atommik Shocker SD and a matching Big Weenie fly. Sorry, don't know what BW it was, I got it at the LOTSA Expo last year and didn't have a name on the baggie, it was green/chart with some rubber/latex in the skirt and matches the Shocker SD perfectly.

Crome/Green SD with a mirage fly on the 180' diver took several shots late.

Decent Day in fairly rough, close wavelength seas.

Met hawkeye625 from here on LOU at the Olcott cleaning station also.

1st fish of the day on the NK B/P

100_3904.jpg

And Where have we seen THIS before :)

100_3905.jpg

Tim

Update on the BW fly,

After searching the Big Weenie Website, near as I can tell from the pictures and description, the fly that matches up so well with the Shocker SD is called "Cornbread" That SD/Fly combo has taken quite a few nice fish last 2 trips out.

cornbread.jpg

It was good meeting you Tim and thanks again for the tips you've given me. Tied a couple tourney leaders after talking with you at the cleaning station and hooked a couple high teen kings the next day on them without issues. I used VMC Barbarian trebles and gamakatsu wide gaps for the singles. Seem to work very well for us.

Had a similar day with most coming in the 105-130 FOW.

Jeff