Canandaigua 7/3 North

FLXTroutman and I headed out of te North end at first light and set up just past the drop off. Was a day of first's for sure. First fish of the morning was a whopper as Mike hauled in a monster Alewife, his first landed while trolling

Alwive.jpg

Next first came when I was setting the copper down the chute, I was just about to ask Mike if he ever got bit settting gear when whamo a rod bender hits me about half way into settting the gear after a good fight we put a noce 8lb 4oz laker in the box. LW SD and Hammer Fly combo did the trick. One other small laker was also taken on this rig.

Laker.jpg

The next first came on a setup we have now deemed the Charnelia Special, silver Dodger with a sutton 44 spoon trailer both with long enough leads to take 2 men to set the gear, lol. Mike landed a monster bow on this rig!

Charneliaspecial.jpg

Last but not certainly not least Mike's last of the day was a hook-up on a 10' skipper sailboat as a guy ignoring all of our shouting proceeded to cut the inside line on out planer and 7 color LC set-up. Fortunately as he ran the gear and Mike went for the hookset the guy was able to pull the Keel and salvage the gear sorry Mike I couldn't get him in the net. :lol:

sailboat.jpg

I was telling Mike about my outing the previous week on Canadice when my boat was in the shop and he figured I should post the results. My buddy, our wives and I took the Yaks out and I pulled 7 color with a MDC SD and Hammer Fly combo hooking up on 4 nice lakers and a 6lb 8oz bronzeback 45-50' down over 90-95'. All fish were released except one laker which took the hooks deep.

2011-06-259509-51-4195171.jpg

2011-06-259510-07-0895360.jpg

20110625101412.jpg

20 lb Power Pro vs. 100 lb sailboat

Power Pro wins!! we saw him pull that keel up and out popped the planer board too funny, too bad you can hardly see the little sailboat in the picture.

Sounds like a fun trip fellas, my fishing buddy and I had a nice screamer on 2 years ago when a blow boat decided to take off just as we were passing luckily the rapala came unhooked from his keel also... :lol:

Tom