Hot Lure: 42nd spin doc & fly

Trolling Speed: 2.5-2.8

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 140-250

Lure Depth: 50-95

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

We had a wonderful weekend with Chris of Momay4000 and my niece from Florida and her friend from Rochester. Her friend was fishing the kings for the very first time. As a cool uncle, I got the fishing licenses and derby tickets for the girls. My niece is a good luck charm as she was the one who helped us win the 2nd place LOC King on our boat from last year!

We fished north of Rochester to Braddocks bay area. The fish are all over! Decent baits were found in 140 to 175 FOW. Fish were all over the water column from 50' to below 95'.

Five rods spread with two riggers, two divers and 500' copper. One rigger was run with spoon and cheater and the other with flasher and Familiar Bite. The 500' copper was run with 42nd spin doc and atomik fly ( unsure about the name of fly). Chris will chime in with whatever details I may have missed out. Actually, it wasa ny flies with green colors will do the trick. Highlight was the 19# king that was brought on 500' copper. It was fun watching the girls fight the fish for a loonnnng time. Quality sized fish were taken. 7# steelhead and 9# laker.

The next day, we started out in 140 FOW with NW wind with moderate chop. The first two minutes, we got fish on the hooks. We had a double in the first 20 minutes. The fish were smaller compared to the catches the day before. Regardless of the size, we ended the day with fish caught in the double digit. It was our first time with the double digits for the year! The girls worked very hard as Chris kept on hooking up the fish and handing the poles to the girls to fight all morning long. Thank you Chris for working so hard and making sure the girls have good time.

After two stellar days of fishing, my wife politely reminded me that I cannot be fishing again on the 4th of July as I have to be alert and active enough to host a pool party at our home.

We live in a wonderful country and please take a moment to thank the fellow service members for making our country free. With this in mind, I wore a shirt for the 4th of July, " Freedom is not Free". God bless USA. :yes:

Anthony you are too kind my friend - we had an absolute blast on the water - thanks for keeping us on the fish all weekend long!

You know it's a great weekend when nobody wants to touch the 600' copper anymore b/c they're so tired of catching fish on it!

Good luck to all,

- Chris