hotspots in Macedon, NY?

Name: Xing

Home Port:

Boat Name/Type:

I fish for:any

I'm new to the area and fond of fishing, especially in ponds, so it's really appreciated who can tell me the the hotspots of fishing.

Xing He from China

==================

(your welcome message to LOU - anything else you want to say to the community goes here).

• 3 months later...

Xing... I live near Macedon, but fish ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE! In and around Macedon (in case you haven't already found, as I am reading your posting several months later!), there is Ganargua Creek, which is just south of the canal and flows into the canal at the aforementioned lock park in Palmyra. This creek is sometimes called Mud Creek. It flows north from Bristol in Ontario County, turning east to the point in the canal. It has good fishing for sunfish and bass, both Largemouth and Smallmouth and Pike and some Walleyes. You can catch walleye, bass, carp, pike, sunfish, catfish and probably crappies at the canal lock park. The canal itself is very good fishing for all of the above mentioned warm water species, but, it really helps to have a boat to get to some of the best areas. A drive to the north along walworth-palmyra rd. or route 350 all the way up to just north of route 104 in the town of Ontario, will get you to Casey Park and the ore beds. An abandoned iron mining pit (actually several of them), about 1 mile long, which is one of the better largemouth and panfish areas to fish from shore. You can access the park from Knickerbocker Rd. It used to have some of the best bass in the area. I saw the biggest largemouth I have ever seen in the wild there cruising along the shoreline, right at the park. It was easily well over 10 lbs. and very well may have exceeded 12lbs. and possibly been a state record fish! There are also some excellent sized black bullhead catfish (2-3lbs.) to be had there in the spring. If you are from China as you say, of course get your license and be aware of all the proper rules and regulations for enjoying the great fishing opportunities that abound all over and around New York state. It's everywhere!!