Port Bay Salmon Surprise

Thought I posted this b4, but I guess not. This is the recipe for the baked fish dish that is pictured in my post from last weekend.

Ok, lets see... I usually drink beer while I'm cooking fish so some of these details might be be a bit hazy...

I like to gill & gut my fish asap after catching & then get them in the ice -This is critical. All right, I got my filleting done, remove the 'mud line' and then I remove the pin bones with needle nose pliers. Turn on the oven to preheat @ 350. I pat the fillets free of any residual blood with a dry paper towel and arrange them in one layer in a large baking dish outside down. I slop some Mayo and some sour cream onto the fish and mix it around to lightly cover the fillets. Slice 1 or more Vidalia onions and lay them on the sauce covered fish. Do the same with a pepper or 2 and then w/ a couple tomatoes. I then gently work the veggies down into the sauce a bit. Now grind some coarse black pepper and some coarse sea salt over the dish & sprinkle on some grated parmesan cheese. Bake for about an hour depending on how many and how big the fillets are. Serve with boiled red potatoes (I like to leave the skin on).

I place a sheet of foil over the dish while it is baking to keep the veggies from getting dry. Just let the sheet 'sit' there, no need to crimp it over the dish that just makes it difficult to check the dish & make sure it's bubbly, well cooked but not dried out. -Enjoy!

Great recipe Andy!!! Made this today for my neice and others at her request to prepare the fish she caught yesterday. Needless to say it was a big hit and there isn't any left. Plenty of hots and hambs but no fish. This recipe is a keeper guys!

Shawn

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

• 2 weeks later...

Andy I had a fresh laker ( still swiming in the livewell) that I cleaned yesterday and looked on here for a idea........ I already had three LL and a bow soaking in brown sugar to grill.......any way I took your idea and used what I had..............Kens SteakHouse ( I like the butter milk better) ranch dressing , then the fish with more on top , onions , tomatoe....a little more dressing and salt pepper.............put it on the rack on the grill while I was doing the LL/bow..........man o man it came out great.........THANKS for the idea !!!! :yes: