Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: to many to count

Total Boated: 111 of 138 lock ups

Species Breakdown: 19 large Adult kings, 6 midsize adult kings, 15 steelhead, 2 rainbow, 2 cohos, 2 browns, far too many lakers, a plethora of skippies, 1 lamprey

Hot Lure: Green e-chip with sweet pea A-TOM-MIK tournement fly, Spin Doctor Blue Bubble with A-TOM-MIK glo hammer

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.4 to 3.0

Boat Depth: 250 to 350 and 120 to 140

Lure Depth: riggers around 115, dipsies above 300 feet, 400 to 500 copper

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I made 6 trips over a long weekend: 5 mornings and 1 evening. All were good trips with good rod handlers: Little Boat, 5 More Minutes, Danno, Blue Magic and Under the Float. We averaged about 4 fish per hour. Found lots of kings in 250 to 350 fow. Riggers were set between 115 to 140 feet down and dipsies set back 260 to 375 feet with 333 being a good target (#1 set to 2.5). We started with a mix of spoons and F/F and let the fish indicate their preference. It didn't take long to identify a F/F bite. Spoons took a small share of the total. Coppers longer than 400 feet worked very well except the 600 which, only took about 5 fish. Our best rig was a standard Green Pro-Troll e-chip with an A-TOM-MIK Sweet Pea fly. This hammered away on the rigger between 115 and 125 down. I tried replicating the set up but, it didn't work as well. This one F/F took 1/2 of our hits on Monday. Our second best rig was a Blue Bubble Spin Doctor in front of a Glo Hammer on a dipsy. I was able to present my wife with a great morning on her birthday. We did 18- for 21 and brought in a full box of 5 adult kings and 1 large steelhead. Little Boat managed to pull off 2, single-rod doubles on Monday morning. This morning we finished the day pulling each rod on a fish. Our best speed seemed to be 2.6 to 3.0 on the ball. We even had suspended lakers chase us down at 2.6 mph. We saw the thermocline between 80 and 120 feet in different locations. Water temps were difficult with 64.7 degrees from the surface to 50 feet; 64.3 degrees at 75 feet; 63 degrees at 100. 110 saw 57 degrees.

We had a new rigger rod drop over the side with a flasher and fly stowed on it and watched it sink. We were unsuccessfully attempting to save a tangled 450 copper at the time. I was a bit steamed after destroying a copper and losing a complete rigger rod set up so, I sat and tied flies for 30 minutes while I cooled down. I got back in the game when the 500 copper started screaming on a major. While I was fighting it, I noticed the center rigger bouncing a bit and I pointed out the shaker to the crew. We were all surprised (and I was happy) when we found my rod hooked by the slider on the center rigger. We trolled with that at the ball for an hour!

I was surprised at the very small number of boats on the lake over the Holiday weekend.

Tim - as always, great trip out on your boat. I can't believe you got that rod back! Nice job by you and Tony putting us on those fish. I am now totally convinced of the benefit of down speed and temp and have already started shopping for a unit.

As always, you're welcome. I enjoyed the company!

Chumming for salmon by dropping rods is not the best method. Big fish can do a number on copper fairly quickly. They seem to relish mixing long lines together.

I'm a firm believer that if you aren't losing some tackle, you aren't fishing hard enough or pushing the envelope. Of course, I don't include deep-sixing rods in that theory.

There's time to sleep when I die. Until then, I fish hard.

Excellent report & glad you retrieved your rod!!

I, too, was surprised there weren't more boats on the water over the holiday weekend. There were plenty of wave runners off our shoreline and saw a few boats out deep, but definitely not what I would have expected.

Hey Dapper Dan,could you tell Clarky aka breaktime that Donutman is giving a shout out to him. I think you guys are docked naer each other . Sur would apprecite it. Keep up the great reports .Your days are only gonna get better on the east end from here on out. Thanks,Donutman