Ruff Rider ProAm Week Reports

Good luck and be safe to everyone fishing the proam this weekend, I wont be posting live reports daily the next three days, need to concentrate on not losing so many fish! Lets see some big boxes and do my home port proud!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Yeah we are hoping to make a comeback tomorrow! We found fish today and just couldnt keep them on, no idea why. One fish broke a swivel right in half, not much you can do when that happens! Congrats to the teams that did well today, it wasnt an easy bite.

A couple of restaraunts we hit up this week...

2011-07-16_17-00-17_947.jpg

Trucks Pizza... right next to the tackle shop, not too bad, stick to the pizza though and if you like clam strips be warned that they are the big thick ones...

Food 3*

Price 4*

Service 5*

2011-07-16_15-51-16_167.jpg

Airport Pizzeria

Dont judge the book by its cover... This place is one of those bars out of a movie, locals biker bar. We felt a bit outta place in our white Ruff Rider tshirts amongst all the bikers, but everyone was very nice. The pizza was very good and the wings were awesome. Pass on the loaded fries.

Food 4*

Price 4*

Service 4*

Abe's Waterfront

(Forgot to get a picture, will try to get one tomorrow)

Abe's has a great view and live bands on weekends on the deck upstairs. This review is hard as the upstairs and downstairs are almost like two different places, but ill concentrate on the downstairs this review... The food is ok, can be on the pricey side for dinners, but the service is just abysimal. Our order was wrong twice and while our waitress wasnt bad there were multiple tables outside that waited forever for their food. The owner Jamie is a great guy and I heard him giving one of the waitresses a hard time about the people who had been waiting, so hopefully service will get better.

Food 3*

Price 3*

Service 2*

Well it was a great week of fishing that really heated up on thurs and friday.

Thusday morning we went out and struggled in the early hours. Then we slid out to 500-650 fow and hit the motherload. Huge marks one after another and had rods popping. Not wanting to ruin the spot we tried to get torn down after the first fish... We had five fish hit by the time we could pull the rods.

2011-07-14_13-06-43_743.jpg

Also, the DEC met us atthe dock and wanted to check out our fish. Three of the fish had tags in them.

2011-07-14_13-10-20_891.jpg

2011-07-14_13-21-43_188.jpg

2011-07-14_13-13-56_489.jpg

Friday morning the wife and I ran out to 500fow and setup a few miles west of our spot the day before. We could have had our limit but released a couple within the first hour... It was crazy good. Then the 500 copper started heading for canada, so being the gentleman I am I gave the rod to my wife lol. It almost spooled us, but she got it stopped and headed towards the boat. She got it about 100 ft from the boat and it got into the dipsey wire... We tried everything to get it untangled but couldnt, so hand over hand we brought it closer. I had to grab the dodger to untangle it, never thought it was very big, maybe.18lbs. The dipsey wire had actuallu opened the dodger swivel, slipped inside and the swivel reclosed! I was about to open the swivel when the wire in my hand started screaming (go figure). We got the wife's fish close to the boat so I could open the swivel and untangle them, then netted her fish. When it hit the deck I realized how bog it was. Poor wife who looked beat had to now reel in the dipsey fish (20lbs) while pulled our other rods. Wife was exhausted by the time we netted her other fish. We ran in and weighed in the 5th place loc fish at 29lb 4oz. (dropped to eigth by the end).

2011-07-15_09-42-09_223.jpg

2011-07-15_09-43-23_217.jpg

Saturday we went out with high hopes and setup in 300fow pointed north. We had our chances and blew it. We went 0-4 on majors in the first hour. Not sure if we lost our confidence after that or what but we never found the big fish again, but did continue to drop a lot of fish. We managed 5 keepers with very little weight.

Sunday we switched up captains and started in 250fow pointed North. We setup on big marks and should have stayed on them, but we trolled to our spots from previous days... Those fish were gone. We never had a major bite all day. We still dropped a lot of fish, but managed 6 with a nice 12.5 steelywhich would have been 18 if it wasnt as skinny as could be.

Had a lot of fun this weekend and the fish are really starting to bite.

Bad to bone BBQ

2011-07-17_16-47-29_702.jpg

This little BBQ joint is just west on Rt 104. Pretty darn good! Ribs, brisket, and pulled pork all recommended.

Food 4*

Price 4*

Service 5*

Well thats it for this weeks report. We had a great trip with some awesome fishing! We hope to be back up next weekend. Until then, tight lines to all.