Wire snapped - lost my tackle

By the way, wouldn't it be nice if they just chaned the design of the bottom roller guide on the top half of the rod and the top wire guide on the bottom half of the rod so it has a smooth curved turnback which the wire can snuggly fit in. When taking the two pieces of the rod apart you could then simply run the wire over the turnbacks to prevent it from kinking.

Turnback_wire_guides.jpg

Maybe I need to invent something ... ;)

Thanks for all the tips guys.

What I think went wrong yesterday is I did something s2pid.

Snapped the flasher on the wrong way around and fished for 1 hour. When I retrieved

the tackle, my connecting line (between dipsey and flasher) was all twisted on my wire line.

I think this caused a kink. I thought about re-tying the line, but left it (too many fish on the \

chart!) About 30 mins later I pulled in the wire dipsey and pop, everything came off.

What I normally do with my rods is take all the tackle off up to the wire snap swivel. Then I take

my 2 piece rod apart and carefully put them together trying not to kink the line. I then put the rod

in a sleeve and it goes in a compartment. I need to do this as I have a bow rider and need to get

the rods off otherwise I can't put my cabin tarps on.

Unfortunately there is a risk for the line to coile out some and also get some kinks through the guides

where the wire turns as I put the 2 pieces together. I will just have to keep monitoring.

I have even though maybe to just cut the tie everytime and tie the wire end to one of the guides. It

takes a few seconds to tie another loop and it will avoid a lot of kinks and wire un-coils.

Mark

This is usually caused by letting out your dipsey too fast even though your flasher was backwards. Always have some good tension on your wire rod when letting it out........otherwise your flasher rig floats back onto the wire

Thanks for this daker.

It will help me with another problem I am having lately. Last weekend I found my snubber chord wrapped around my mag dipsy on 3 out of 4 casts. Try pulling a mag out of the water if it doesn't unclip! Try pulling it out of the water with a screamer on as well!!! That would be like pulling in a 100 lb salmon! Haha.

I couldn't understand how it was happening - but now I do! This is especially an issue with mag dipsey's as the drag force could easily push it farther ahead than the flasher. I didn't find it happening too much to the #1 and #0 dipseys but that is because there is a lot less drag force.

Hopefully now I can get things to set in the water properly.

Thanks again!!!

the idea of the snubber was to absorb shock when the fish hit. i used to use them and was told get rid of that and run 40lb test from your diver to your flasher. much better hook up ratio. if its working for you then use it but just try it n oone rod without it and youll change

Okay - I can always try.

I think all of my rods are flexible enough to handle without the snubber. I have to 10'6" Rapala RSC Dispey Rod's heavy action, but the tips are very flexible due to the height. Also have 2 medium to heavy action Rapalay 8'6" rods, these are definitely flexible enough.

I already use 40lb lead - so all I have to do is remove the snubber.

I can't say I've lost too many fish, unless they are small rainbows jumping to the heavens 200 feet back!