Species Breakdown:kings, steelies, laker, brown, but no coho :(

Hot Lure: steely dan

Trolling Speed: 3.0-4.0sog

Down Speed: 2.2-3.2

Boat Depth: 90-240

Lure Depth: 40-90

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Our mission was to get my neice from Michigan on some fish. She is a recent grad of Michigan State and here on vacation wanting Uncle Shawn to take her fishing :yes::yes: So.....we got her a license and one day derby pass and launched at the Oak this morning and along with us was FISHINMAN Tom. We headed NE out of port and set up in 70fow on a NE heading with 2 wire divers - one with a white w/green dot spinny and A-Tom-Mik Hammer fly out 240 and an NBK spinny and matching A-Tom-Mik fly out 180, port rigger don 57 with a dreamweaver get r done and a pink alewive free slider, center rigger down 35 with a mag gator, and the starboard rigger down 70 with a NK seasick waddler and a dreamweaver ss dirty white doy free slider. First fish - 8-10lb king - hit the port rigger and Sammy was hooked up. After a couple of rod handling lessons from Tom, Sam did a great job and landed her biggest fish to date. She went on to beat that twice more throughout the morning. The wires were surprisingly silent so Tom went to change one out and just before he tripped the dipsey...fish on! Tom was able to land one of his personal best Lake trout at 13lbs. He and Sam took turns fighting the beast for awhile before it hit the deck of the boat. Pretty much a steady pick for us covering water from 90-240'. We did lose a couple of screamers and at one point we thought all we needed was a brown to hit the Lake O cycle. Sure enough, the port rigger fires and Sam lands a nice chunky brown trout! After a couple of high fives and resetting of lines it finally dawns on us that we hadn't caught a Coho :( Oh well, a lot of fun was had and a great day to be on Lake O. I'm sure Sam's arms will be sore tomorrow. Unfortunately, I was unable to attach pics with this post and not sure why.

Shawn

WTG Sam, Shawn and Tom, Sounds like an awesome trip for sure...now you have atleast one more excuse to fish cause you know everytime your neice is up she's gonna want to fish now :lol: And you have to go atleast as many times as it takes to complete that full lake "O" cycle. Great job guys and gals.

Tom

Wow! Nice variety of fish coming from the Oak. Good job uncle Shawn and Tom, getting Sam some nice lake O fish. Hope to get out there this week myself. Gotta check out the big yammy after I wrenched on it last week.

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Brian - as you well know, capturing Tom's lake trout catches on film is extremely rare. I do have one of if not the best photos of him and one of his prize lake trout catches aboard "Nothin but Net" with Keith. Yesterday was no exception and I was unable to get his exuberant celebration of his PB lake trout on film. Sorry bud.

Angle - I believe it was an NK git r done yesterday although we do run both and are equally productive.

Shawn

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png