Canandaiqua this morning 7/9

Well we headed for the lake at4am, didn't want to fight the week end crowd . Were on the water by 5:30 and setting up on the east side, the wind was light and it was the first time I've been able to fish the east shore with out getting blown off to the west side. We setup one rigger and two dipses, Green froggie spinnie and green hammer fly on rigger with Pink- orange alpina diamond slider, checked temp. gauge , it showed in the 40deg zone at 40ft. down so I set the ball at 35fow and put the dipses out around 75 and 100ft. with spoons. Not to long the slider goes and we boated about a 3lb. rainbow.reset the rigger and worked that area over for nothing, so we went north awhile and didn't move a line. Changed the dipse to white glow spinnie and white fly, and the other to a grape watermellon out 200ft. and the other out 300ft. Hooked up on the spoon and lost it, reset and moved into 240fow and the spinnie fly went, it was a good fish, it took my partner Luke ,a newer member quite a while to bring it in but we got it in the boat, it was a 14.6oz laker and the dipse never released. It was a costly morning I was bring in the dipse and got careless and got it in the prop. and lost a diver and lure, then there was a kink in the wire and it broke with the diver spinnie and fly. Oh well :(

Greg7_9_11.jpg

Great job WW and Luke and nice fish! I thought you were going to tell me that your expensive morning was because of a flat tire :lol: Sorry about your lost gear, man it adds up quick! Good luck next time your out.

Tom

Ahh I see, I lost a couple of spin doctor fly combos last year and I know what you meen it does hurt. I'm sure another successful trip back to the lake would ease the pain :yes:

Tom

Any time, It was fun watching you fight that laker and the dipse together. It was a good morning on the big pond, nice south wind. We launched at I bay at 6:30 am started out into the lake and bob said I don't have any gas and it was full the night before so we went back and loaded the boat back on the trailer and fill it up.Some one broke into two of there cars and emptied the boat tank. He never fished the big lake out of his boat,it had two riggers and balls so I took my gear on his boat and started his training trip.I got the ball on the rigger and there was on releases so I put out two dipses, one at 240 the other at 300,trolled out to 350fow, never marked a thing, trolled back to 250fow and hit a screamer,bob took the rod went to work, He couldn't move the fish at all it was a stalemate. I had to pull the other dipse and chased the fish down, he had 500ft. of wire out, got him with in 40ft of the boat and let him fight it into the boat, got him along side the boat and the hooks puled out :( . It looked like it was in the high 20s, a long wide fish. end of story. :)