Good call ProAm committee

In regards to having open (rec) teams have a deadline to enter. Dont you realize a lot of teams would have smaller boats and need to watch the weather prior to entering? 2 teams for saturdays oswego? Do you think maybe you would have had more today if there wasnt this ridiculous rule? Make it a few days ahead of tourney day. Are you worried that teams would watch the weather and not enter? How did that work out for you today? Ok my rant is over.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

In regards to having open (rec) teams have a deadline to enter. Dont you realize a lot of teams would have smaller boats and need to watch the weather prior to entering? 2 teams for saturdays oswego? Do you think maybe you would have had more today if there wasnt this ridiculous rule? Make it a few days ahead of tourney day. Are you worried that teams would watch the weather and not enter? How did that work out for you today? Ok my rant is over.

I agree Mike. I had plans on fishing the Open Division, but due to other personal commitments I couldn't make the deadline. I don't know why that rule was changed. If the deadline is going to be almost the same as the Am Division, then why bother having an Open Division at all. The entry fee is the same with the exception of being able to fish one day at half price of the Am Division. With only 2 teams in the Open Division for Oswego I hope the committee will reconsider changing it back.

I was surprised to see only 2 teams in the open....I know from runnin the World series of Cinderella Softball for close to 10 years with over 2500 entries for a 6 week period,was a lot of work for the 4 of us on the board . This included ,umpire scheduals,scorekeepers,anouncers,all food,maintaince(field between games ) garbage, inshurance ,parking,awards,trophies,local Press,pairings and rules ,brackets...and all the other issuies brought up for such events.. Yes it wass a lot of work and we flexed as much as possable for late organized teams and issues..

BUT THE ONE THING THAT KEEPED US FOCUSED WAS MY VP's .LINE.........

."""EVERY DECISION WE MAKE MUST BE FOR THE ENTRANTS"""

With that goal in mind we grew from a small field of entrants to record numbers of teams entered in the sence the start of the series over 50 years ago..

I feel the pro ams could benifite from some added "sub commities " to try and freshin up and address some of the last minute issuies and team concerns..

But as with any (local)government run event I also feel the pain of the great guys and girls who do every thing they can to with the limited amount of freedon allowed ,to keep the Pro/Ams up and running..SO MY BIG THANK YOU AGAIN FOR WHAT YOU DO TO KEEP THE PRO/AMS RUNNING IT WAS ANOTHER GREAT WEEKEND FOR DERBY FISHIN..

But at the beginning of every meeting someone stand up and say ----

"Every decision we make must be for the entrants"

Agreed ray they do a lot of great stuff and should be applauded. I think its in the best interest to allow open teams to enter the day or two before. What do you committee? Open it up for this weekend and lets see what happens