Heard some incident through radio

I heard this from my captain while I was working few days ago, someone was fishing for Bluefin tuna couple days ago, That boat was trolling and caught huge tuna on squids spreader bar. from between P-town to Chatham. Another boat ran up and saw that spreader bar that another boat was fighting with it. That boat decide to harpoon the tuna and got it. Then he told another boat that he was caught this tuna and it is his fish, not their. Another boat was very angry and pulled shotgun on that boat who harpooned his fish.

(That's only I heard from my captain, I am not sure what happened with that fish. I assume that person did give back to that boat who caught it in first place, not harpoon idiot!) :@:@:@

Honestly, I would do same thing if I was captain of boat who caught the tuna. Since their life depend on catch fish and charter for someone who want to have fun on the water and catch prize fish for lifetime. I just think that situation was just another idiot who have the money and thought it was fun thing to do that. This was first time I heard that story in my lifetime. Sounds like people getting idiotic in every minutes! :no:

This was amazing story with very dangerous idiot person can do with another person's fish! Remember one thing, Tunas are considered one of highest prize fish in world.

So, comment here based what do you think about this situation.

Sounds like there are idiots everywhere, and some have harpoons. I think that the harpooner is lucky that he didn't get shot full of buckshot.

For me, this story makes me glad we don't have tuna in Lake Ontario.

Who knows what really happened out there but I fish the cape an awful lot for tuna. I guess when tuna raise tons of money anyone will do crazy stuff. They do have a commercial harpoon fishery where a guy actually stands on a long platform that sticks out about 50 feet in front of the boat. The captains sits way up high in a tower while guys like us drive around in go fast boats and get in their way. The harpoon guy probably had it with the sporty. Anyway, they get over the pile of fish and throw the harpoon at the fish by hand. I know, crazy but cool to see.