Species Breakdown: 31 Kings 1 Laker

Hot Lure: All flasher and flys all Total Chaos flys and custom flashers

Trolling Speed: 2.3 to 2.5

Down Speed: 2.3 to 2.5

Boat Depth: 120 to 200

Lure Depth: 75 to 110

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Ok people I am writing this report because I am just amazed on how Lake Ontario is coming back to the old days of the early 80's. Sat morning was my first full Salmon trip and I did ok in the morning. We did 3 for 6 and in the afternoon trip we did 9 for 15. Sun was just as good hitting 9 for 11 our biggest King landed was around 27lbs we lost 4 real big fish and had many in the mid teens. only 4 shakers and one small lake trout sat night. I just cannot beleive this fishing being this good this early and with fish already pushing 30lbs. There was so much bait around and some bait pods were almost 100 feet deep YES 100 feet deep. I took pictures of my screen to proove it. We fished from Catfish to the big stack in 120 to 200 foot of water. This is crazy good news. Water temps were awesome taking most kings on 75 85 95 105 on riggers and 400 and 500 coppers were good. dippys on a 2 1/2 and 3 out 300 to 350 were good. All green and whites and some chart. in the high sun. some chrome stuff went but green was the hottest. We already broke off 3 flashers lost a 400 copper and 3 other bite offs and this was all in the fist day! Wow were in some trouble this season. Big BIG BIG Kings will be taken this season and I will go on record in saying that you will see several 40 to mid 40 lb class fish this season. This has to be spread though out the fishing world on how great the fishing is. Keeping all this a secret will not help put tourism dollors in our pockets people! WE all count on this type of news and to get people up here! I am tired of the lies and the secrets! Thats why I will share all my fishing info Im not scared!. FISH ONN

====================

The fishing has been spectacular this year! The amazing part of it is that the great fishing has been throughout the lake. We are still waiting to tie into some big boys, only a few well over 20lbs taken by people here in Sodus so far.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

That's good to hear. I was out tuesday and the bait was very scattered and only got 3 hits loosing two and landing just one big laker after 8 hrs!! I gotta get back out this week just have a small repair on my boat, the altenator went that same day. I fished Oswego to the nuke plant and saw very little bait that day.

I have to agree 100 percent. I was up last week. Middle of the week and the king bite was world class. First evening out we had an 18, 21, couple mid teeners (12-15lbs) then we hit a good major 26.4. We shoulda kept cutting cause we were in them heavy but we ran the good one in to weigh. A few days before that my good buddy was there in the same place. For 3 hours they could only run 1 rod cause the action was so fast. They actually decided to take a break and just sat in neutral for about 20 minutes just so they could regroup and catch their breaths. That says it all. The day after we weighed ours we hit 2 more in the lower 20s and a 19 pounder along with some fantastic looking steelies. It sorta reminds me of how it was 20some years ago when I was Viking charters protege.

Tight lines, Half Wired

[ Post made via iPod ] iPod.png

I stopped fishing Lake Ontario in the late eighties and just started again with a buddy on his boat this spring. We fished the Salmon River (drift boat) for the first time last October, went out for spring browns with Legacy (see his 4/30 report) and we're booked again in August. We've even managed to catch a few ourselves using what we've learned here, from Capt Rob & from Jolly II (sorry about all the dumb questions, Chris). You're absolutely right; the fishing has been amazing so far. I can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Rick:

Gotta agree with you. It has been hot for 2 weeks now. Greens seem best as do riggers. 400-500 copper OK, 600 silent. Definately a F/F bite for me. Been taking them anywhere from 1.8-2.8 and 90 to 125 down. Limits every trip on nice adults. Heard you on the Lake this weekend. We probably passed you a number of times.

Thanks for sharing the report. Some guys won't leak out a peep or share any of their tactics which I think is a joke....well maybe I might make and exception to this when there is a derby going on. Otherwise, why not share the experience and success with others. I don't see the lake getting fished out anytime soon so a few more boats won't hurt. But again, thanks for the report. My buddies are now bugging me to make a trip out before out normal trips so we'll be spending some money with the locals a bit earlier this year.

Striperking