I have been watching some videos of the Pro Ams and such here on the internet. I have been noticing that when the fish hits the rigger rods, guys are reeling up to the fish before they are pulling the rod out of the rod holder.Is this a good tactic?? Right now when my rods go off i pick the rod up and reel to the fish then begin the fight.I do pretty well like this but should i try the other way???Any suggestions would be apprecited!!Thank You

Matt

-Jakey Baby-

Matt,

We do that to get all the slack out of the line as quickly as possible. Once you are tight to the fish, then get the rod out of the holder. That is especially important if you are running sliders.

Tim

Matt,

We do that to get all the slack out of the line as quickly as possible. Once you are tight to the fish, then get the rod out of the holder. That is especially important if you are running sliders.

Tim

That is what I like to do also. I real till I get the rod bent back down and then remove the rod from the holder and set the hook all in one motion.

Thanks alot you guys i will start to try doing that. This year i havent had to run cheaters because the fishing has been so good but i am going to try and get in the habbit of reeling like crazy before picking the rod up! Thanks again.

Matt

-Jakey Baby-