Henderson Shipping Lanes?

Scouted the shipping lanes off Galloo island two weeks ago and marked consistent fish 35-60 down in 130-150 fow but no kings. Went into the island and fished bass going 6 for 9 trolling for bass in a little over an hour, biggest was about 4 lbs. Used crankbaits off planers down 8-15 ft in 17-25 fow.

Heading out again this weekend, any word if the kings have landed in the lanes? even laker suggestions out there would be appreciated.

Steve

steve,try in a little closer to the trench.if you know that area well,the you will want to try fishing the "finger".coming off the light house head between 240 &270 deg on compass till you hit 140 fow.

the finger has been hot lately,for both browns and small kings.not bad for this area this soon.

see my post below "henderson report 7-5 2011"

mike m

Thanks for the good info Mike. We've had a lot of success at the finger in years past, however, we will be fishing out of Cape Vincent this weekend so the lanes are looking like the furthest South we can get...

Good luck out there!

Steve

hi steve

did you have any luck with laker's in the lanes. there usually pretty thick in there by now? were going to try this weekend and probably will fish the finger as well. the lanes will be less of a crowd for sure though

good luck and keep the posts up. we all appreciate the info. good info can save allot of gas!

thanks

chris

I will be up to Associated Island, Henderson Harbor next week...proly about mid week, but not sure yet? Only taking the little boat, but I will be motoring around fishing when the lake allows. I'll report anything I find....I know reports are always lacking from that area.

This week there are plenty of lakers in the shipping lanes with a few kings scattered throughout that area. You will probably be just as likely to catch Kings going to the finger and trolling Southeast toward the power plant. We found a few kings down 115 over 150-200 trolling southeast from the fingert. Hope this helps.

We fished the Trench (shipping route) last Friday about a mile south of the Canadian border.Lots of bait specially around the bumps that come up to 50 feet where the rest is roughly a hundred.

We did plenty of lakers and a few skippies. We were really scouting for big salmon for the proam but we did not find them there