LSR Challenge question

Well think I have recovered from Saturday, here are the pics of the final boards.

100_1274.jpg

100_1273.jpg

100_1276.jpg

100_1275.jpg

100_1277.jpg

I know there was some problems, but we were overwhelmed with the response. The last minute changes to the rules were the biggest problem, this will be taken care of for next year. The meeting time for some reason was changed by some to 630, but we held it off till 700 pm, next year the time will be held to one time which will be decided on at our first meeting. We had a great showing for the amount of money going back to the fisheries. I can tell you we raised more money than the MWC did at the tourney they held in Henderson this year. The 780 dollars willbe going to the ELOSTA club, Thank You everyone.

I am looking forward to next year, thigs will be better next year, please bear with us. I know we will never make everyone happy, but we will try to do our best. As Ron said before, we encourage any one that is available to get involved, please do. The more we have, the easier it will be. If you are interested pm me and I will keep you posted.

Thank You to Ron, Mike, Beth, Chris, and the rest of the commitee for their help on putting this together. Until next year.

Rich

Ray, thanks for your reply. Please don't mistake my tone in the above, I was stating this in a matter of fact tone not jumping up and down. We can will and do deserve some critusisum, but remember using words like "shotty" in a highly viewed public forum such as this will only stand to hurt us in the long run. Also keep in mind the idea behind this derby from day one was to meet people and promote the fishery. That is why we went back on the dead line. Remember a strong fishery/derby is better shown in turn out VS payout. Just a side note I was aproched at the deby by what I will only call for now as a major player in the Great Lakes Tackle Industry. This gentalmen showed up with products to give away and said his company "needs" to be invoveld with any derby that can pull 100 boats the first year.

Ron J

Ray,

My point is, when someone starts spreading an unfounded rumor, on a public forum, suggesting impropriety on the part of the tournament committee - That is wrong.

Most people I talked too thought the event went well, with a few bumps in the road. Especially considering the number of participants.

Most people also made suggestions about how to improve next years event, these suggestions have been noted, and will be brought up in the future. Most people did not get online and start bashing, which is want happened here.

John W.

Lightning you've read to much into this. Wondering what your boat/team name was. Did you fish the event or on the committee? I was just looking for answers so I could put to rest the rumors I kept hearing over and over.

It's almost like everyone keeps avoiding the question with general responses.

I will say again those folks working on the committee from the start did an impossible job running the challenge. Hope to fish it again next year as the competition was top notch.