WOW! NOAA has never been worse than this year!

Gill-T

Was down at Lake Erie yesterday and today. NOAA's wave and wind forecast has let me down before......but holy cow! Less than 10 mph NE wind? It was BLOWING 15-25mph steady SW and W both days off the Catt. with 3-6' waves. Good news is there should be a fresh batch of Walleyes that blew over from Ohio, and Penn :yes: No fishing for me just beach time with the fam.

Was down at Lake Erie yesterday and today. NOAA's wave and wind forecast has let me down before......but holy cow! Less than 10 mph NE wind? It was BLOWING 15-25mph steady SW and W both days off the Catt. with 3-6' waves. Good news is there should be a fresh batch of Walleyes that blew over from Ohio, and Penn :yes: No fishing for me just beach time with the fam.

Funny you say that.. I saw on FB yesterday a charter captain posted the weather for yesterday.. it was calling for 5-10mph with 1-2"s on Ontario.. I said to myself a cold front is passing and it's only gonna be 5-10mph, yeah right!!! easy 15-30mph at times this afternoon here, got green leaves all over my yard that got ripped out of the trees.... am was probably ok though....

Crazy. We had the same issue. Was gonna hit lake o out of olcott last night. Winds at 10 or less out of the north. Got there and yikes, a bit lumpy for my taste. Now if it were myself and the boy, no problem. But we had the missus and two of the boys buddies. Didnt risk it.

Hey Gill I cannot believe how off NOAA has been this year with there Marine Forecasts... You get all excited about a 1 foot or less and get up to the lake and its rockin 4 to 6 footers..... I think we need to start charging our gas expenses to these monkeys maybe they will do a better job forecasting... Hey one thing they are good at is forecasting the Sunrise and Sunset :rofl: .......Woody.

I have been given advise to use Weather.com. I like the real time weather buoy info found on Olcottfishing.com under the Olcott buoy icon at the top.