"Other than fishing" entertainment.

My wife and I are headed for Henderson for about 10 days for our annual summer trip. Every year we try to plan one event and take a day to go do something other than fishing. We've done Niagara Falls, Bolt Castle and last sumemr we went to Utica and took the Train ride and boat tour. I seem to be having a hard time finding something for us to do on this trip. You guys who live around the lake or guys who vacation there, have any suggestions?

I 2cd both the Renaissance Festival & a wine tasting trip (take the limo version w/ a night in a local B&B). My guess is that these 2 outings will probably do more for the vacation love life than any King Salmon you'll ever catch!

We usually take in a MLB game in a different city every year and spend a couple days taking in the sites..... Philadelphia, Cleveland, New York City, Baltimore "Very Nice" We stayed in a hotel overlooking the Inner Harbor...

Next time in the Utica area, check out Voss's in Yorkville for a bbq sandwich, hot dog or hamburg for lunch, take the FX Matt Brewery tour & sample some Saranac Beer or other Saranac non-alcoholic soda pops. Take a ride "up North" on Rt 12 to Rt 28 to Old Forge in The Adirondacks & browse the shops & wander around the village or visit The Enchanted Forest & Waterslide Park for the kiddies. Have fun. ;)

short drive away is clayton,home of the boat museum,with a ride on a replica gar wood.adirondack museum in blue mountain lake is easily an all day tour in some of the prettiest country in the state.

We like the Thousand Island Winery, they have several weekend festivals planned. We also like Lake Placid for the lake tour and Whiteface for the gondola ride at the ski slope and the Veterans Memorial Highway. There's a nice little place in Keene for lunch. As for museums, the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake is the "history" of the Adks and the Wild Center in Tupper Lake is the "science" of the Adks. I prefer the Wild Center. We've also done a seaplane ride with Payne's in Inlet.

There's also the option of the Norridgewock Wilderness tour boat to Beaver River Station. http://www.beaverriver.com/tour%20boat.htm I personally haven't done this because I have friends that have a camp in Beaver River Station and we just take the boat taxi or our own boat across the reservoir. Beaver River Station is a unique place because of it's accessibility restrictions (no roads to it).

Have fun and let us know what you chose.