Seneca Lake Smallies

I have fished Seneca a lot over the years and did really well finding the smallies and pike in the late 90's. Being away from the lake the past few years it seems all the spots that used to produce good numbers don't anymore. When I explain to the kids how we used to do they don't believe me. If anyone has any ideas to where to try.......I would greatly appreciate it.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

i live on Seneca and fish both smallies and pike. I have fished them for years and have discovered that both species have pretty significant number changes from year to year.

Pike were abundent about four or five years ago and this season you cant catch one fishing all day. The same with smallies.

Although i usually catch the bass every year during the spawn, this year was by far the worst. I saw maybe ten or less spawning beds.

I believe that disease plkays a big role in this change. As the pike or bass numbers rise the species is more vulnerable to disease and when it hits it wipes out large numbers. Then the species has to build itself back up.

Thats my thoughts!!

We launch @ Lodi Pt. And head strait across to west shore.....always did well over there and up past Long Pt. By pipeline. Use to do well up in Willard area for bass. Only one pike this weekend and zero bass.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

.....sounds right , I go out of Lodi also mainly for trout......bass guys like the point right close and the shore line on the north side..........the next shoal on north side...........up by boyscout camp in the cove..........then on to the Willard area you already talked about.......that's where I see them when my rods are not firing and I just looking around.......I know there is some times a few just south of Lodi point also but not as many (fisherman for bass) as I see on the north side.....