Hot Lure: see below

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.5 Subtroll

Boat Depth: around 3 mph sog

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I took a buddy of mine out for the first time, yesterday and today and the fishing was superb. He is an avid outdoorsman and when he tells you "this is the best fishing of my life" you know it's good stuff. We fished east of I-Bay 140-220 fow (special thanks to Hans - Up Grady) to avoid a haul to Braddocks. Our weekend started yesterday morning with an immediate wire bite right after setting the rod in the rod holder, and it ended today with our final bit (20#+ king) when we were pulling the same final rod to head back to the dock.

We had at least ten doubles, two triples, and a first for my boat this year - a quad (two steelhead - one off the rigger, one on wire, one huge laker on the 600' copper, and a king on the other shallow rigger - and we landed all four fish).

Every single rod and lure presentation took fish today.

Lure/Depth details:

Rigger at 55'-65' (White/Green Dot SD/ green hammer fly)

Rigger at 85' (42 sec. mag NK spoon with purple frog and steely dan DW SS free sliders)

Wire 225' - 250' (Kelly green SD/ green hammer fly; Black dalmation SD/purple mirage fly; FAMILAR BITE herring strips behind a white 10" SD and Big Weenie green/chrome teaser were hot/hot/ hot for BIG fish early)

600' Copper (42 sec. SD/Fly) took many, many fish - mostly lake trout

As you can see, we didn't have to change much and we ran the same deep spoon all weekend and only changed the flasher/fly program a few times. ALL fish but one were released to fight another day

FWIW, the Familiar Bite herring strips were great and held up beautifully. The lake trout population is really something this year. The weather was fantastic and there were very few boats out.

I hope this fishing keeps up - it has really been unreal lately.

Good luck to all,

- Chris

Things were pretty hectic and we rushed to get the fish back in the water, but we still managed to take a few pics:

003.jpg

006.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

015.jpg

Chris...outstanding job....way to represent the loley ports of Rochester and Irondequiot bay.

I'm drooling looking at all the cool pics. I'm in Eagle Bay on a family vacation. I will be back with a vengeance Thursday thru Sunday.....tight lines brother