The oak 07/17 always register for loc!!!

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): 07/17

Time on Water: 7am to 3pm

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction: sw then turned w 10-15

Waves: 1-2's with some 3s later in day

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords): 25n 16w

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 18

Total Boated:13

Species Breakdown:Kings and steel

Hot Lure: green dolphin

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.5

Boat Depth: 100-300 240 to 300 being best

Lure Depth: 45-65

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I was aboard thumburn's boat today and we started the day on inside waters with couple hours of trolling and just a small king. Moved off shore later in day and it was like a switch! We had mature kings feeding aggressively... full moon? Anyway green dolphin parked at 75 did the damage! All rigger bite today with just two or three on wire. Now here is the lesson to be learned always and i mean always pay for the loc! we did not and of course look what crushed a green dolphin a 34.4 lb king!!! We wouldnt have won but dam it would have been nice to put a fish that high on the last day! This is a personal best for Shane's boat and I hope these cell pics to it justice...

mms_picture_25.jpg

mms_picture_24.jpg

mms_picture_23.jpg

Really nice fish!!

With the long leading edge on the anal fin, the kind of unusual radial pattern on the tail (not really a typical king's tail) very few spots on the tail and spotting pattern not typical for a king, that really kind of looks like it might be a chinook-coho hybrid.

Tim

thanks guys.. whats worse is that about 5 minutes later we took another rip on the the green dolphin that seemed to be bigger (if ya can tell wait by the sound of a drag screaming)... well maybe it was a good thing lol i think we would have felt sick if she was the winner. Any way both fish are still swimming and eating

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Mobile%20Device.png

Nice Fish!!! That's awesome!

I have to agree with Tim, that is not the typical looking Chinook. At my first glance I thought it was a giant coho for a couple of seconds, but looking a little closer it may be a Chinook-Coho hybrid. Not the typical spot pattern for Chinooks on the back and the tail. We know it's at least a wild fish, and a hell-uva one at that! Did I mention Tri-State Taxidermy. LOL

Chris

Really nice fish!!

With the long leading edge on the anal fin, the kind of unusual radial pattern on the tail (not really a typical king's tail) very few spots on the tail and spotting pattern not typical for a king, that really kind of looks like it might be a chinook-coho hybrid.

Tim

I know the feeling. How about this feeling? .....Three days to go in the Fall LOC 2010 and I net a 39#12oz king for a 19 year old girl that didn't bother buying a derby ticket "...'cause we're only fishing one day!" :@

I gotta agree with Tim.......although kings can be sparsely spotted on the tail the anal fin, the spot pattern on the back and the lack of spots on the dorsal suggest coho----and a giant at that. Congrats on what is probably the best hybrid of the year.....so far! :yes:

Beautiful fish!

Sorry to hear about the lack of LOC ticket. We have been very an@l about making sure everybody buys LOC tickets on our boats. I remembered back then when I had to kick out one of the buddies from the boat because he did not buy the LOC ticket. :o

Hope you will be able to repeat this feat with a LOC ticket in your pocket.

Really nice fish!!

Tim

NOTE Adipose fin intact as well - more than likely wild, so I'm with you Tim.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote="Paul Czarnecki

I know the feeling. How about this feeling? .....Three days to go in the Fall LOC 2010 and I net a 39#12oz king for a 19 year old girl that didn't bother buying a derby ticket "...'cause we're only fishing one day!"